any ideas what this axe is?!?!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• any ideas what this axe is?!?!

i played a very nice charvel yesterday in a shop, thinking of buying it, but i cant find any info about it online! not sure if its a proper model or perhaps something someone put together themself. its a jap import i guess, and thats what the guy at the shop told me too. heres a description, hopefully accurate:

* white/pearl strat-ish body (its got that mean & lean kinda shape) with big black crackles
    * 22 fret maple neck, maple fingerboard
    * 3 x "single coil" jackson pickups (though the guy said theyre stacked humbuckers, or at least the bridge one is)
    * floyd rose trem (silver hardware, not black) - not an official one, charvel licensed i think?definitely a licensed floyd anyway
    * jackson machineheads
    * control configuration has 2 pots and a switch (coil tap? or perhaps a mid-boost like on the spectrum?).

its got the modern charvel logo that looks like jackson logo, not the old one that looks like a guitar. if anyone could tell me if the jackson pickups really are stacked humbuckers, and whether theyre any good, this would be very helpful, as this is the only thing stopping me from buying it. and also if theres anything else i should look out for?

thanks!

- lee

Re: any ideas what this axe is?!?!

It sounds just like a Spectrum.

Comment

ah i think you are right [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img] all the pics of spectrums ive seen online have rosewood fretboard, but some more searching and ive found a few references to there being a version with a maple fretboard, so this must be it. i think the scratchplate has been taken off too, unless i just didnt notice it? im pretty sure it didnt have the scratchplate on tho.

thanks!

Comment

Yeah, they were available with maple fretboards. Really hard to find, though. I've been killing myself trying to find one with a finish I like for a good price. [img]images/icons/mad.gif[/img]

Comment

sounds like a Spectrum to me...

Comment

shame about the single coils then [img]graemlins/evilimages/icons/tongue.gif[/img] wish it had a bridge humbucker, id buy it in a flash

Comment

Originally posted by Lee_dC:
              shame about the single coils then [img]graemlins/evilimages/icons/tongue.gif[/img] wish it had a bridge humbucker, id buy it in a flash
              <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">But it has stacked humbuckers. And, you could change the bridge out for a Hot Rails or something.

Comment

I saw one at the Louisville Ky.guitar show today.
                Black with a white pick guard, 3 (covered) jackson J-200 singles.I took the cover plate off and there was a J-1200 pre amp on the volume pot.These are stacked humbuckers for sure.It had a maple finger board too,but was very very rough condition. 250.00 was a bit steep I thought for the condition it was in.
                Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

Working...
                X