fusion or 275?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• fusion or 275?

what is the difference between the fusions and the 275? just wondering cuz one i was looking at has the extra scoop in the cutawy, but that isn't on the picture of the 275 i was looking at. Thanks!

Re: fusion or 275?

275 would have a 25 1/2" scale and 22 frets. The Fusion is 24 3/4" and 24 frets.
    Hail yesterday

Comment

The fusion special's have 24 frets, Gibson scale

The 275's have 22 frets, Fender scale

edit: Damn beat me by seconds! [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img]

[ September 18, 2003, 01:20 AM: Message edited by: Hotrodder ]

Comment

The 275 Deluxe has a Strat Body, 275 Special has a Dinky Body and the Fusion has extended cutaways like a Soloist with the lower cutaway recess.

Comment

I guess it is a fusion. I will have to check out how many frets it has to be sure, but it definitely has the extra cutawy piece. Thanks for the info fellas! If I get it, I plan on putting up a pic of my slowly growing Charvel family (a whole 2 axes!)just so people can say oooohhh and ahhhhhh at them. I'm a geek, I can't help it! Can somebody let me know exactly how I would post a pic on here? Thanks.

Comment

Ok, I checked it out yesterday, and it is a fusion-can anyone tell me exactly which fusion model it is? Again, it has the two slanted singles at the bridge and one at the neck. Reg. pointy headstock, toothpaste logo, and oh yeah-=the trem is a single locking-the strings feed throught he back of the bridge where the string lock bolts would be on an OFR. Are these bridges crap? If so, are the studs spaced so i can throw an OFR or Schaller on there? I already put a deposit on it, so I'm stuck with it. Thanks again for answering my stupid questions!

Comment

Originally posted by JACKSONWOLF:
              the Fusion has extended cutaways like a Soloist with the lower cutaway recess.
              <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Why do people keep thinking that a Fusion is the only guitar with that cutaway? While a Fusion has the scalloped cutaway on the lower horn, so do some Dinkies. As far as a Soloist, I've never seen one with the lower horn cut.
              I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Originally posted by etaeniura:
                the trem is a single locking-the strings feed throught he back of the bridge where the string lock bolts would be on an OFR. Are these bridges crap? If so, are the studs spaced so i can throw an OFR or Schaller on there?
                <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Yes, you can put a Floyd or Schaller on there. The single-locking trems are crap! If you want, send me some pics and I'll post them for you. [email protected]

[ September 22, 2003, 01:18 PM: Message edited by: toejam ]

Comment

thanks Toejam. I probably won't actually get the guitar for a few weeks, so as soon as i get it and clean it up I will try to get a pic out to you. As far as I can tell it is a Fusion special, which would make it circa 90-91 or so, correct? I would also like to locate a charvel hardcase for it-did these come with the Chainsaw type ones? Or were they different? Just wondering.

Comment

Originally posted by toejam:
                    </font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Originally posted by JACKSONWOLF:
                    the Fusion has extended cutaways like a Soloist with the lower cutaway recess.
                    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Why do people keep thinking that a Fusion is the only guitar with that cutaway? While a Fusion has the scalloped cutaway on the lower horn, so do some Dinkies. As far as a Soloist, I've never seen one with the lower horn cut. </font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Exibit A - One of my Dinky Reverses...
                    <center></center>

Exibit B - The other one
                    <center></center>
                    Occupy JCF

Comment

Hey etaeniura:

You might want to check out my thread. This guitar was identified as a 275 and there is also some discussion about the single locking trem.

http://www.jcfonline.com/ubb/noncgi/...c;f=5;t=000429

Cheers,

-Mike

Comment

Yeah, I was just thinking about it and how it's kind of strange for a Fusion to have a slanted pickup. Did any Fusions actually have the pickup that way? [img]graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img]

Hey, Todd, nice Dinkies!!

Comment

actually, when I first saw that guitar, I remembered seeing your thread, which was why I originally thought it was a 275. Then I couldn't find the thread when I needed to check it, because I didn't remember the title of it! Then I found the pics of the 275 and of the Fusion SPecial, and althought he fusion pic is hard to see, I'm pretty sure that is what it is. I even deciphered the print and it describes this guitar perfectly.

Comment

Working...
                          X