X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help me to identify my guitar's country of origin and year of manufacturing

Charvel Dinky Strat CDS-055
    Serial is 374250

Re: Help me to identify my guitar\'s country of origin and year of manufacturing

Holy cheese-whiz Batman!! I've got no clue.

No production model has ever had that style of headstock or even that coloring of logo. I'm not saying it's not real, but it looks suspect. [img]graemlins/brow.gif[/img]
    Occupy JCF

Comment

Re: Help me to identify my guitar\'s country of origin and year of manufacturing

There was one just on ebay, ( believe it was blue and from Japan if I'm not mistaken. I'll have to look for it...

Dave->
      Dave ->

"would someone answer that damn phone?!?!"

Comment

Washburn ordered a ****load of guitars back in 1999 and 2000 with that headstock and style. I'm guessing that whoever filled the order, sold the rest of the production to someone at IMC, and they logoed them as Charvels. The order was placed with Samick, so it would be Korean.........

Comment

I saw the one on e-bay also. I had never seen one with that headstock. I found this link from a member’s page, similar style headstock and is noted as a Ibanez style. I don’t remember Ibanez having this style. web page
          Just one more guitar!

Comment

definately NO ibanez, Ibanez does not make headstocks like that. looks like a Vester to me... strange [img]graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img]

harrald

Comment

There was a thread about this a while back and the conclusion was they were japanese.
              Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

Yes, Richard is right. Someone posted one from ebay not too long ago. They are Japanese. There was also a link somewhere from a Japanese site that featured a few of those.
                I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

I have bought this guitar in Japan via Ishibashi

And I have seen Charvels with the same headstock, but only in Japan

See the links:
                  http://www.yuumusic.com/charvelcdx090hsh.html
                  http://www.yuumusic.com/charvelcds045sshpmr.html
                  http://sound.jp/hasenobu/collection/charvel.jpg
                  http://www1.odn.ne.jp/~winner-music/subpa208.htm
                  http://takota.ddo.jp/takaequip.htm

Comment

Yeah as stated above I thought they were from Japan. Why is it that they are exclusivly Japan though [img]graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img]

Dave->
                    Dave ->

Comment

You bought your guitar from Mr. Bobweaddababyitzaboy????

Wow! [img]images/icons/shocked.gif[/img]
                      Occupy JCF

Comment

remember that "production guitar" does not necessarily mean produced for the North American market.
                        shawnlutz.com

Comment

Well, does anyone know if these are worth a crap or not? Just in case I run across one. If so, what are they compared to?

Thanks~
                          Brad

Comment

Originally posted by budman68:
                            Yeah as stated above I thought they were from Japan. Why is it that they are exclusivly Japan though [img]graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img]
                            Dave->
                            <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Well Dave, it’s a long story (or at least I’m gonna make it one). Ya see, these guitars were manufactured by the same Japanese plant that made all of the USA import guitars, except for one major difference.......these were not imported into the USA, (they were smuggled in I think) I don’t know why, but they weren’t (or were?). (At least I think they weren’t……but I’m not sure, so I could be way wrong about that) (or maybe I’m not) Plus if they were imported for sales in the USA, they wouldn’t be a “Japanese Only” model now would they. And something else to think about…..if the Japs kept these guitars all to themselves (for whatever reason) they must have been far superior to all of the junk they sent over here! Hmmmmm…………that would mean that all the import crap we buy is nothing but factory seconds and they keep all the good sh!t over there! Now, I don’t know about you but that just kinda pisses me off!......or have I just had too many beers tonight? Probably. [img]images/icons/shocked.gif[/img]
                            My goal in life is to be the kind of asshole my wife thinks I am.

Comment

Originally posted by mm2002:
                              </font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Originally posted by budman68:
                              Dave->
                              <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Well Dave, it’s a long story (or at least I’m gonna make it one). Ya see, these guitars were manufactured by the same Japanese plant that made all of the USA import guitars, except for one major difference.......these were not imported into the USA, (they were smuggled in I think) I don’t know why, but they weren’t (or were?). (At least I think they weren’t……but I’m not sure, so I could be way wrong about that) (or maybe I’m not) Plus if they were imported for sales in the USA, they wouldn’t be a “Japanese Only” model now would they. And something else to think about…..if the Japs kept these guitars all to themselves (for whatever reason) they must have been far superior to all of the junk they sent over here! Hmmmmm…………that would mean that all the import crap we buy is nothing but factory seconds and they keep all the good sh!t over there! Now, I don’t know about you but that just kinda pisses me off!......or have I just had too many beers tonight? Probably. [img]images/icons/shocked.gif[/img] </font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">WOW [img]images/icons/shocked.gif[/img] you were pretty lit when you wrote all that weren't you? I'm not sure that made any sense at all [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] . Of course,..... maybe I'm still lit from last night [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Dave->
                              Dave ->

Comment

Working...
                              X