Bruce Kulick playing a model...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bruce Kulick playing a model...

Was flipping through a Kiss book at the mall, which has their entire tour history in it, and wouldn't you know? I open up one page and see Bruce Kulick playing a blue Model 2 (i think!)It was a single hum, floyd rose pointy headstock with guitar logo. Just thought someone might like to know.

Re: Bruce Kulick playing a model...

Originally posted by etaeniura:
    Was flipping through a Kiss book at the mall, which has their entire tour history in it, and wouldn't you know? I open up one page and see Bruce Kulick playing a blue Model 2 (i think!)It was a single hum, floyd rose pointy headstock with guitar logo. Just thought someone might like to know.
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">I belive that wasn't a model 2, but a SD single humbucker. If you can look at the logo closely you'll probably see that it has the 3x3 design..
    Occupy JCF

Comment

silly me, now i will have to go look again. that is like a 40 minute drive! Thanks Tekky.....you owe me gas money! [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

Gas money?? What's that??
        Occupy JCF

Comment

Bruce played plain jane San Dimas Strats during animalize and then had a custom SD charvel in the tears are falling video .. He also used Jacksons ,, If you look at the uh all night video there's a custom Zebra Soloist he plays that is owned by our very own Brad Kelley..shortly after that he jumped to ESP
          Don't worry - I'll smack her if it comes to that. You do not sell guitars to buy shoes. You skimp on food to buy shoes! ~Mrs Tekky 06-03-08~

Comment

Maybe I am retarded, but I actuallyThink Bruce was one of the best guitarists Kiss ever had. Mind you, I love Ace Frehley, but in comparison, Ace is really just an average player. It just seems that Bruce really lacked the persobnality or charisma or whatever to be in such a flashy band. I can't remember ever hearing him speak! Anyway, I saw him listed on one of the CD's in the guitar mags(the ones that Tony Macalpine and Paul gilbert are always on) and I might check it out just for fun.

Comment

Originally posted by etaeniura:
              Maybe I am retarded, but I actuallyThink Bruce was one of the best guitarists Kiss ever had.
              <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">You're not retarded. Bruce IS the best guitar player Kiss ever had. [img]graemlins/toast.gif[/img]
              I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

I always thought so. Although, not being a KISS fan, I probably haven't heard enough from any of their guitarists to really make a qualified assessment.
                Hail yesterday

Comment

I vote for Bruce's brother Bob. A great guitar player too! Check out WASP's Crimson Idol cd.
                  Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

I think by that point Gene and Paul were not going to hire any guys whose "personality and charisma" would threaten to outshine them. After all, who could get enough of the makeup-less Gene extending his tongue to its maximum length every five seconds in the videos??? [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Comment

I think Bruce is a very entertaining player, and certainly the best player Kiss ever had...very flashy with alot of tricks up his sleeve. Kiss´ Crazy nights-album contains some damn cool solos, imho.

Comment

I think Bruce is very screetchy, and pales in comparison to Vinnie Vincent and Mark St. John.................

Comment

i think bruce fit the bill, but a lot of his work didn't really do much for me. except his solo on unholy. that was cool. totally agree about the charisma factor....he had none, imo. i met him when we were playing a kiss expo, and i'd heard so many people say a lot of nice things about him, but man, i was shocked to hear him talk to the people that ran the expo the way he did. totally condescending.

sully
                          Sully Guitars - Built by Rock & Roll
                          Sully Guitars on Facebook
                          Sully Guitars on Google+
                          Sully Guitars on Tumblr

Comment

I really love Bruce's solo in Tears Are Falling. I don't know what it is about it, but there's just so much emotion in it every time I hear it. And just the visual of him playing it in the rain in the video always sticks in my head, too.
                            I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

good one, joe! when they go to that clip of him playing overhand, it's kinda neat.

i forgot about his acoustic solo in "forver" ... great, great solo. the ending is awesome, and the acoustic tone is really really nice.

sully
                              Sully Guitars - Built by Rock & Roll
                              Sully Guitars on Facebook
                              Sully Guitars on Google+
                              Sully Guitars on Tumblr

Comment

Working...
                              X