Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Bruce Kulick playing a model...

Yeah, the overhand part is just killer! [img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]
    I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

forever is one of Kiss's best songs.Bruce plays with a lot of emotion on tears are falling too.I saw one live show with Bruce and he was great.Saw one with Vinnie Vincent and was blown away.
      Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

I met Bruce a few years ago in a small club where his band Union was playing. If anyone hasn't heard them you should check them out if you get a chance. Don't know if they are doing anything anymore but they had a couple of really good albums/CD's out. He was a super cool dude, very accomodating to the fans. I even got a pick from him, still have it. If I remember correctly, I think he was playing an ESP that night.

Comment

I'm with ya Toejam, Tears are Falling is one of my all time favorite solos. Reached way back for this one, didn't I? [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
          I still keep practicing though.... Mostly because I hate my neighbors.-MakeAJazzNoiseHere

Comment

yike!! Thread resurrection!
            Hail yesterday

Comment

Damn! [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
              I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                I'm with ya Toejam, Tears are Falling is one of my all time favorite solos. Reached way back for this one, didn't I? [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Why? Is this truly something that needed to be resurrected?
                Occupy JCF

Comment

Tears Are Falling is awesome (well, minus the video with the gay clow outfits!)

Comment

Tekky, is there a problem with resurrecting threads? C'mon dude, it was laaaate, I was bored, thought it would be funny to pull this one back...if thats a forum no-no, my bad, sorry.
                    I still keep practicing though.... Mostly because I hate my neighbors.-MakeAJazzNoiseHere

Comment

Massive thread resurrection (again, as it seems to be a theme of this thread). I don't follow Kiss but a Bruce Kulick video popped up on my Youtube homepage as a suggested video and I decided to run a search on JCF for "kulick" and this old thread popped up discussing the original San Dimas so I figured it was appropriate to share my find here. The Youtube thumbnail showed him playing a Charvel Model 2. In the video, he explains his original blue San Dimas and the differences between it and his current Model 2.

Here is the original San Dimas too, shared on his Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/p/B_2W33MFd2N/

Cool guitars. I suddenly really want a Model 2.

Comment

Just got a Model 2 in a few days ago, and couldn't be happier. Seeing Bruce with one is like Heaven's On Fire!

Comment

He's probably the reason I bought a Model 2 back in '87. Still have it.

Comment

as long as we are resurrecting conversations....

Bruce and Tommy (who had barely started in the band when the thread began) vs Ace and Vinnie. I won't include Bob and Mark.
                            Bruce and Tommy are very, what I call, 'technical' players. Meaning, everything is 'perfect'. Every chord, even the usage of the 7th and 9th and inversions in 'just the proper spot'. Every solo, every bend. I can pretty much telegraph what they are doing before they do it. Even their tone has just the right amount of perfect tweakedness (I just made a new word).
                            It doesn't matter how good they are, they are boring. And I find that with a lot of players, even ones that can play circles around me. What good is all that goodness if you bore me with it. If I wanted to listen to classical musical, I wouldn't be in a bar wearing jeans and a T-shirt on a Saturday night trying to get laid. I would be at the "thee-8-her" in a suit on a random Tuesday evening.
                            *In fairness to TT, he wasn't hired to be a new guitarist, he was hired to be an 'Ace clone', so he really had no freedom. But his previous stuff was also very 'technical'.

Ace and Vinnie, on the other hand. Two totally different types of players. But they have something in common. The 'wow' factor.
                            Ace is sloppy. Sloppy back then. Sloppy now. But I can overlook those errors because 'such is life'.
                            Vinnie actually shares some of the qualities of the others, in the sense that he is tossing out the right chords at exactly the right moment. But, my god, he is amazing. It isn't boring when he does it.

Comment

other random snarkyness because i have nothing better to do with my time due to covid lockdown....

1. Bruce plays one of a kind custom guitars with KI$$ to.... buying used 30 year old mass produced imported copies without KI$$
                              2. I realize that he is probably the same weight as he was in his heyday, but he wouldn't look so sickly if he gained a couple pounds in his old age.

Comment

Working...
                              X