Just in time for Halloween!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just in time for Halloween!!

I just finished this one, it was the black Predator body I got off ebay (that was beat to sh!t) and an old 275 neck I had laying around. I modded a jt6 to fit it (some grinding required!) and put in a j90C and an original dual-rail out of an old Predator. This 'ol mutt plays and sounds awesome! I wish the pics turned out better but it is done in laquer with about 12 coats of clear and buffed to a mirror. BTW, thanks again to Dave (budman) for pickup rings and cavity covers! Just goes to show that for a very little amount of cash and a lot of elbow grease you can make a pretty decent axe out of a P.O.S. !!! [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

My goal in life is to be the kind of asshole my wife thinks I am.

Re: Just in time for Halloween!!

oops...I put this in the wrong section huh..... [img]images/icons/frown.gif[/img]
    Admins, please move this to the import section before I piss somebody off!! [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

[ September 30, 2003, 09:56 PM: Message edited by: mm2002 ]

Comment

Wow, that looks awesome!! Great job!!!! [img]graemlins/toast.gif[/img] [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]
      I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Mark, that looks killer! You never cease to amaze me bud, [img]graemlins/toast.gif[/img]

Dave->
        Dave ->

"would someone answer that damn phone?!?!"

Comment

MM...that looks real nice. Great job. [img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]
          Scott
          Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Be brave and upright, that God may love thee. Speak the truth always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless and do no wrong.

Comment

That looks great!

You didn't do those lines freehand, did you?

I like!

Comment

wow! that looks great.
              Hail yesterday

Comment

Originally posted by 2Loud2Old:
                That looks great!

You didn't do those lines freehand, did you?

I like!
                <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">hehe...nope, I can barely write my name free hand! I have no artistic ability at all and what I did on this guitar could be done by anybody. The guitar was already black so I just wetsanded it, filled all the dings (some were chunks!), then using 1/8" masking tape I masked off the stripes, shot the whole thing with an off-white laquer, removed the tape and whammo! Then came many coats of clear and wetsanding to bury everything and make it nice and flat. You can still feel a tiny tiny bit of some of the stripes but I found a stopping point and called it good. I can't see putting 20 hours of work in a $100.00 guitar!
                Thanks for the compliments guys, I had fun doing it and this was just an alternative to using the body for firewood!
                Oh and BTW, this is the only "toothpast" logo Charvel I've ever had and I can't believe how good those necks feel. I was surprised. I've had that neck laying around for a couple of years and thought I'd never use it. I'm glad I did.

Comment

Nice work man! [img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/notworthy.gif[/img]

Comment

Working...
                  X