Members project guitars.....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Members project guitars.....

I was just thinking (i know, it's scary [img]images/icons/shocked.gif[/img] ) but after reading about stukaJU87's guitar project a few minutes ago and posting one of my own yesterday I had an idea. I've seen many of our members work and it's one of my favorite things to read about here, but it seems that I see them scattered around in all different sections. Why not have a special section for members projects?? It would be a great place for everyone to show off their work and toss around ideas with others that like to tinker. Is this a dumb idea?
    My goal in life is to be the kind of asshole my wife thinks I am.

Re: Members project guitars.....

Gallery
    Occupy JCF

Comment

The gallery is cool for looking at pics and reading short descriptions but what I'm thinking of is something a little more interactive where discussions about tools, techniques, etc. would be possible. And like stuka did, showing a project in various stages of completion add to the interest too. I don't think that Tech Q&A is really the right place either. So its a dumb idea huh [img]images/icons/frown.gif[/img]

Comment

I think it's a great idea. Threads with pics of projects are always my first stop when I log on. I love to see what everyone else is doing. It makes me feel better since my own projects seem to be moving so slowly.
        Sleep!!, That's where I'm a viking!!

http://www.myspace.com/grindhouseadtheband

Comment

I like the idea. [img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

Comment

Yea. Cool idea!

Comment

The forum member projects (paint jobs, mods,etc.)are favorites of mine also and I look to find them. It would be nice to have them all in one specific area. Admins???????
              Scott
              Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Be brave and upright, that God may love thee. Speak the truth always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless and do no wrong.

Comment

Fellas, I think it's agreat idea but the problem is workload. I think the admins have thier handsfull at the moment. Admins, please correct me if I'm wrong. I love your idea though Mark!!

Dave->
                Dave ->

"would someone answer that damn phone?!?!"

Comment

not at all wrong, dave, and i love the idea too... my best guitars are ones i've made myself!

sully
                  Sully Guitars - Built by Rock & Roll
                  Sully Guitars on Facebook
                  Sully Guitars on Google+
                  Sully Guitars on Tumblr

Comment

Well then Sully, if it's a good idea why can't we make it happen? Do we need more administrators to lighten the load? I'd be willing to devote some time to it and I'm sure others here would too. There have been a few other good ideas posted regarding new sections and whatnot, but the answer always seems to be the same "The admins already have too much work". Well, if we need more admins to grow a little let's apoint some! Would that be such a terribly complicated task or is there something I'm missing here?? I really love this forum but why should it become stagnant and without change?...just because of a lack of manpower??
                    hell...put me in coach!!!
                    Mark

Comment

Originally posted by mm2002:
                      Well then Sully, if it's a good idea why can't we make it happen? Do we need more administrators to lighten the load? I'd be willing to devote some time to it and I'm sure others here would too. There have been a few other good ideas posted regarding new sections and whatnot, but the answer always seems to be the same "The admins already have too much work". Well, if we need more admins to grow a little let's apoint some! Would that be such a terribly complicated task or is there something I'm missing here?? I really love this forum but why should it become stagnant and without change?...just because of a lack of manpower??
                      hell...put me in coach!!!
                      Mark
                      <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Mark,

Sully, Kevin, Jeremy, and Myself love this board as much as the rest of you do. Trust me when I say that we have it's best interests in mind. We're working to take it into the future and continue to invest time and resources into features that will continually make this board superior to any other guitar board on the web.

When it comes to adding more admins, first, this is a private board. Not to be a jerk, but the board members don't make that decision, the board owner does. Secondly, too many cooks spoil the brew. We have a pretty tight crew right now and we've added some moderators to lighten the load a bit and it has helped.

The board is far from stagnant, there are things that are moving and shaking behind the scenes that you don't know about. (I'd have to kill you if I told you) Actually something similar is in the works. I'm just not ready to mention anything yet.

[ October 01, 2003, 09:21 PM: Message edited by: TEKKY ]
                      Occupy JCF

Comment

Not to mention this site is deticated to Jackson/ Charvel guitars...not parts guitars.

Comment

quote by Tekky:
                          "The board is far from stagnant, there are things that are moving and shaking behind the scenes that you don't know about. (I'd have to kill you if I told you) Actually something similar is in the works. I'm just not ready to mention anything yet."

I'm sure your right and don't get me wrong, you guys are doing a great job and I'm sure there's a lot going on that I don't know about. Just offering up some help if needed. And I didn't mean that the board is stagnant, I just meant that without change it could become that way.

quote by Sandman0170:
                          "Not to mention this site is deticated to Jackson/ Charvel guitars...not parts guitars."

Um well, weren't a lot of the early Charvels "parts guitars"? Also a lot of our members Charvels and Jacksons are parts guitars in one form or another. If this forum is dedicated to Charvel/Jackson only, why are there sections for "Guitars by other mfg.", and "Non Jackson/Charvel related talk"?
                          Wouldn't it be more appropriate to say that this site is dedicated to people who love Charvels and Jacksons? (but who may have other interests as well)

Anyway guys, keep up the good work with the forum and thank you for allowing us members to state our opinions. Even though it may not be evident at times we all appreciate your hard work, I know I do. [img]graemlins/toast.gif[/img]

Comment

I understand that you're offering help. Trust me, when I can take advantage of the help that you (and others) have offered, I will.

Because you're not seeing something new every day, doesn't mean that something isn't right around the corner. Be patient. We're working on it...
                            Occupy JCF

Comment

Originally posted by Sandman0170:
                              Not to mention this site is deticated to Jackson/ Charvel guitars...not parts guitars.
                              <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">all of my parts guitars are made using Charvel / Jackson parts [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

I really enjoy this forum...could it be better? ..a little....could it be worse? a helluva lot worse. Admins do a great job, even the gung ho rookie [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
                              shawnlutz.com

Comment

Working...
                              X