Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is there a Charvel Model Series neck with...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is there a Charvel Model Series neck with...

24 frets, bolt on, and 25 1/2 inch scale? I don't think there was from that time period, when Charvels were using the Ft. Worth, TX plates. Anyone?
    "Got a crazy feeling I don't understand,
    Gotta get away from here.
    Feelin' like I shoulda kept my feet on the ground
    Waitin' for the sun to appear..."

Nope, unless there was an obscure Japan market only model. In our market, Model series 24 frets were neck-throughs (Model 5 & 6).
    AFAIK, the bolt-ons were 22 frets.

What are you planning?

Maybe get a DK-2 neck and put a Model logo on it?
    "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Originally posted by RacerX
      That's actually a killer idea (the logo)! Unfortunately, the DK neck won't work on a 22 fret body without major mods. (in case that was the plan?)
      My goal in life is to be the kind of asshole my wife thinks I am.

Comment

No, I'm not planning anything, someone asked me outside of the JCF if such a beast existed. The Charvel Fusions of 1989-90 were 24 fret bolt ons, but of course their scales were shorter. And the USA Charvel reissues of the mid 90's had 24 frets/bolt on/25.5 inch scale. I'm not into frankensteining guitars if I can help it, just digging up info for someone else...
        "Got a crazy feeling I don't understand,
        Gotta get away from here.
        Feelin' like I shoulda kept my feet on the ground
        Waitin' for the sun to appear..."

Comment

Originally posted by RacerX
          Nope, unless there was an obscure Japan market only model. In our market, Model series 24 frets were neck-throughs (Model 5 & 6).
          AFAIK, the bolt-ons were 22 frets.

What are you planning?

My obscure Japanese Japan only has the 24 fret 25.5 scale bolt on in Ummmmm Eboneeeeee.:ROTF: :ROTF:
          I am a true ass set to this board.

Comment

Fett...get a digicam dammit! Suggestion: Next time you find a cheap guitar you just can't do without, consider passing on it and buying a camera instead! We would like to see pics of you, you're dwelling, and all those killer axes you've accumulated!

Comment

+1

Comment

Found a pic of fett and his granddaughter?

"Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Originally posted by mm2002
                  Fett...get a digicam dammit! Suggestion: Next time you find a cheap guitar you just can't do without, consider passing on it and buying a camera instead! We would like to see pics of you, you're dwelling, and all those killer axes you've accumulated!
                  I have two cameras. That wasn't the issue. I couldn't get back on Photobucket. I kept trying to get them to e-mail my user name again and they wouldn't respond. Until Yesterday!!!!! Now, I just need to read the Tutorial :ROTF: without a belly full of beer.
                  I am a true ass set to this board.

Comment

Hint: It'll make more sense with the beer!

Comment

Working...
                    X