Broken whammy bar on mod 4

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Broken whammy bar on mod 4

The strangest thing happened to me last night when I rehearsed. The whammy bar broke into two pieces. One piece is stuck in the licensed Jackson/Floyd. I don´t know where to get hold one of these. I would appreciate some guidance..

[img]images/icons/frown.gif[/img]

Re: Broken whammy bar on mod 4

Wow that is wierd but it is the 2nd time I've heard this in about 4 months. If it is the pop in kind, you should be able to push the broken piece out from the bottom of the trem where it locks into the spring.

Dave->
    Dave ->

"would someone answer that damn phone?!?!"

Comment

Oh sorry, forgot to let you know that the Ibanez trems have a pop in bar that fits the JT6 trems also. Check ebay or ask in the classifieds section of this forum.

Dave->
      Dave ->

"would someone answer that damn phone?!?!"

Comment

I´ll check it out, thanks!

Comment

is the other piece still stuck in the trem? if so and if you can't get it out try this: if you remove the coverplate of the tremcavity you can easily reach the screw on the tube for the whammy bar. that scew can be loosened, it should come out easily after you loosened that.

harrald

Comment

Best thing to do would be to upgrade the arm to the modern "collared" style. For under $20 you can get a much better arm and a more stable housing. With minimal effort you swap out the existing arm housing for the newer one.
            "Got a crazy feeling I don't understand,
            Gotta get away from here.
            Feelin' like I shoulda kept my feet on the ground
            Waitin' for the sun to appear..."

Comment

Seems to be a good idea! [img]graemlins/notworthy.gif[/img]

Comment

Originally posted by charvel750:
                Best thing to do would be to upgrade the arm to the modern "collared" style. For under $20 you can get a much better arm and a more stable housing. With minimal effort you swap out the existing arm housing for the newer one.
                <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Yep. I got one of those kits from AllParts and they are a lot better than the original jt6. No more "slop".
                My goal in life is to be the kind of asshole my wife thinks I am.

Comment

Working...
                X