Spectrum question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Spectrum question

Ok..I thought all Spectrums were three single coil but I have seen a few that have a Jackson Hum in the bridge. The early ones do not have a scalloped neck pocket as far as I know and are all singles with a chromed JT6... but the later year models (88-89) have the scalloped pocket and a Schaller floyd. Did Jackson ever offer a hum in the bridge for the last year of production of Spectrums or is this a non factory mod?

Spectrum

[ October 12, 2003, 09:12 AM: Message edited by: charvelguy ]

Re: Spectrum question

That is the first factory looking humbuckerI have seen.

But the early ones were Model 8's (guitar logos)

Comment

It would be very easy to put a J90C in one of those and make it look original, I'll bet that's what someone did. I like it though! (but not for his price!)
      My goal in life is to be the kind of asshole my wife thinks I am.

Comment

I've seen maybe three with full-sized hums in the bridge, all aftermarket mods.

Comment

Some punk has one in the Gallery with a hum in the bridge. It's an aftermarket job, for sure:

"Got a crazy feeling I don't understand,
          Gotta get away from here.
          Feelin' like I shoulda kept my feet on the ground
          Waitin' for the sun to appear..."

Comment

Well yeah Joe, if they didn't at least put the cover on it and redrill it for the big pickup ring that makes it pretty obvious doesn't it! [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
            With the cover and the big ring it looks fairly convincing though, that's why all the good fakers do it right! [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

[ October 12, 2003, 10:48 PM: Message edited by: mm2002 ]
            My goal in life is to be the kind of asshole my wife thinks I am.

Comment

Working...
            X