Whats up with the Charvettes?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Whats up with the Charvettes?

Hey, guys i'm new here. I'm a regular at Metalhq. anyway...

how are the Charvettes? Cause, i saw one that was red with black crackle and it looked toooo badass. This Charvette has 2 single one hum.

I really want to get a red model 4 with sharkfins. \m/(0,o)\m/ but i'm too poor being only 15. hmm... maybe when my solo cd comes out. [img]graemlins/band.gif[/img]

Re: Whats up with the Charvettes?

The look badass, but they just play bad (kinda like me). Your best bet would be to pick up one of the old Model series models, which can be found pretty cheap, and are a lot better.

Comment

The Charvettes are mostly plywood bodied
      guitars with crappy Floyd knockoffs and crappy pickups. You'll get no respect from Charvel/Jackson players owning one.

Now they made one "high end" model that was sort of like a Charvel Fusion: 24 frets, 1 hum, 1 sing, and a decent Floyd copy. That model had a solid wood body and is said to be decent. Even so, you'd have to leave the trem plate off and sand off the finish in part of the trem cavity
      just so you could prove it wasn't plywood. All your friends would rib you about it constantly.

I agree, you can get Model 2s for $150-$200 even today, and can often get a
      Model 6 for $300-$400, which is basically
      a Soloist with rosewood rather than ebony
      fb. Charvettes are good for providing cheap decent necks for other project guitars, that's about it.
      Ron is the MAN!!!!

Comment

thanks guys! You saved me some embarisment, even though my shred skill can back up any guitar i play [img]graemlins/band.gif[/img] just play'n

this is my dream Charvel. Don't ask, it just is. but, i have to many things i need to buy for my small label/recording company. [img]images/icons/frown.gif[/img]

oh well, i will survive [img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

[ October 16, 2003, 07:54 PM: Message edited by: TEKKY ]

Comment

Hey James, here's a pic of one of my model 4's and I'm mad at it right now so it could be for sale. It's nice and minty too [img]graemlins/drool2.gif[/img]
          My goal in life is to be the kind of asshole my wife thinks I am.

Comment

They made a one humbucker/one single Charvette with a solid body and double locking trem as well.

Comment

Do those guitars have a recess cavity for their Floyds? [img]graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img]

Comment

Yes, they sure do.

Here's mine.....'
                [img]http://groups.msn.com/_Secure/0SgDOApEV0wvUoK3Py7xQMX5vKEsx5ldZVpW8*pws7S88Svix3 xuA8uCAmTWyrBRqif1nEuc5KuwP4HFTIxTQ8rjdaWoP7AVDdiL 4VzwzNEuVZ*vbOxcAQQ/DSC00008.JPG?dc=4675437137838242915[/img]

Dave->
                Dave ->

"would someone answer that damn phone?!?!"

Comment

What are you talking about Dave, none of the model 4s had recessed Floyds.
                  BTW...yours looks ALMOST as pretty as mine [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Comment

Originally posted by mm2002:
                    Hey James, here's a pic of one of my model 4's and I'm mad at it right now so it could be for sale. It's nice and minty too [img]graemlins/drool2.gif[/img]
                    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Hey. That's the same trem that came on my cheap crappy Charvette!!!
                    Sleep!!, That's where I'm a viking!!

http://www.myspace.com/grindhouseadtheband

Comment

Sorry Mr. Zeegler dude, but the Charvettes never came with a JT6. I'll admit it wasn't the best trem ever designed but it was WAY too good to put on a charvette. And, if you're comparing a model 4 to a Charvette you have a lot of learning to do bro! [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

Can I put this tremolo

<center>
                        on this

</center>

without modifications?
                        I know that the tremolos posts(or pivots, whatever) need to be change wich I already have them.

[ October 16, 2003, 07:52 PM: Message edited by: TEKKY ]

Comment

How is the headstock logo? Charvel/Charvette, charvette only...what?

Comment

Nope, the trem post spacing is too narrow. You'll have to plug the holes and redrill for the jt6 (which is the same spacing as the OFR).
                            The headstock logo on a Charvette says: "Charvette" That's quite different [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

[ October 13, 2003, 10:56 PM: Message edited by: mm2002 ]

Comment

Thanks you saw it before the image disapeared.

How about the Charvette headstock logo?

Comment

Working...
                              X