Whats up with the Charvettes?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Whats up with the Charvettes?

I'm asking because the body is on my hand but the trem have not arrived yet.

Comment

Originally posted by mm2002:
      Sorry Mr. Zeegler dude, but the Charvettes never came with a JT6. I'll admit it wasn't the best trem ever designed but it was WAY too good to put on a charvette. And, if you're comparing a model 4 to a Charvette you have a lot of learning to do bro! [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
      <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">On May 26, 2003, at 9:26 PM, Charvel750 said:

"Well, be careful with a question like that. The Charvette had a Jackson JT-6 trem, exactly the same one used in most Floyd type Model guitars. It had a 24 fret maple neck with rosewood board too. And the body was solid poplar. The tuners were Charvel logoed Gotoh models.
      The electronics were the Charvel wound pickups, all ceramic magnets. I'd say the upper level Charvettes were at least as good as the Model Series guitars."

I would amend that to say only the bolt-on Model Series guitars, and I'd rather have poplar than basswood, which is what all bolt-on Model Series are made of.

Joe (Charvel750) knows his Charvels
      and Jacksons to the tee. If he says
      the Charvette 270 had a JT-6 and solid poplar body, I'm sure that's true.

[ October 14, 2003, 01:53 AM: Message edited by: lerxstcat ]
      Ron is the MAN!!!!

Comment

What are you talking about Dave, none of the model 4s had recessed Floyds.
        BTW...yours looks ALMOST as pretty as mine [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]
        <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Oh, I thought he meant the rear cover for the trem. By the way, my model 4 is MUCH nicer [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

And yeah, what are you talking about Mark, some of the higher end Charvettes did come with JT'6s. Ha! [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Dave->
        Dave ->

"would someone answer that damn phone?!?!"

Comment

OK Dave, yours may be a little nicer...but not much! [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]
          JT6 on a Charvette???? I've never seen one but then again I guess I'm not that up on Charvettes! Wouldn't the trem be worth more than the whole guitar? [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
          My goal in life is to be the kind of asshole my wife thinks I am.

Comment

Sorry Mr. Zeegler dude, but the Charvettes never came with a JT6.
            <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Sorry, you're wrong. Mine did!
            Sleep!!, That's where I'm a viking!!

http://www.myspace.com/grindhouseadtheband

Comment

OK Dave, yours may be a little nicer...but not much! [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]
              JT6 on a Charvette???? I've never seen one but then again I guess I'm not that up on Charvettes! Wouldn't the trem be worth more than the whole guitar? [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
              <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">I'll accept your sincerest apologies. [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img]

Comment

I'll accept your sincerest apologies. [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img]
                <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">And I owe you that Mr. Zeegler! [img]graemlins/toast.gif[/img]

Comment

</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif"> I'll accept your sincerest apologies. [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img]
                  <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">And I owe you that Mr. Zeegler! [img]graemlins/toast.gif[/img] </font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">A true gentleman!! [img]images/icons/cool.gif[/img]

Comment

Originally posted by zeegler:
                    </font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Originally posted by mm2002:
                    </font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif"> I'll accept your sincerest apologies. [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img]
                    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">And I owe you that Mr. Zeegler! [img]graemlins/toast.gif[/img] </font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">A true gentleman!! [img]images/icons/cool.gif[/img] </font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">That's one thing nobody could take away from Mark, that he is! [img]graemlins/toast.gif[/img]

Dave->
                    Dave ->

"would someone answer that damn phone?!?!"

Comment

[img]graemlins/toast.gif[/img] Thanks guys! I've never been called a gentleman before! [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
                      Anybody that knows me personally will tell you that I am brutally honest and say what I feel and to the best of my knowledge. When I'm wrong about something I'll be the first to admit it and give apologies where they're owed. I'm here to learn too bros!

Comment

The Charvette Model 170 (hum/slanted single) came with a JT-6. All others were either a fulcrum tremolo or a WB2 single locking tremolo. I think this may be what was referred to earlier in the thread as a 270.. as for the 270, I'm not finding anything on it. (before you jump, I'm not saying it doesn't exist, I'm just not finding anything on it)
                        Occupy JCF

Comment

Originally posted by TEKKY:
                          The Charvette Model 170 (hum/slanted single) came with a JT-6. All others were either a fulcrum tremolo or a WB2 single locking tremolo. I think this may be what was referred to earlier in the thread as a 270.. as for the 270, I'm not finding anything on it. (before you jump, I'm not saying it doesn't exist, I'm just not finding anything on it)
                          <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">If it helps, the serial # is 9120530 if that means anything to you. The guitar, as new, came with the following: decent sealed tuners w/charvel logo, behind-the-nut string lock (can't really call it a locking NUT, now can we?), JT6 trem w/Jackson logo, 1 hum w/cover, 2 singles w/cover, all pickups marked Charvel, nice playing neck, crappy plywood body w a pretty decent paint job, and decent set screw knob (not the sh1tty push-on knob).

I know, it's a cheap guitar, but honestly, it gets played most out of all my other guitars. Laugh if you want, but it has mojo!!! [img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

Comment

I'm not going by any serial number charts. (I don't belive they tell anything about models anyway) I'm going by the database I built for the MoAIP that is comprised of the data from the old MoAIP. It's not the most accurate data in the world yet, and plenty of members will be quick to point that out. But, it does answer questions correctly for the majority of the time.

In a discussion with Kevin E, he did say there were several one-offs of several models that weren't catalogued. But from the data I have, none of the other Charvettes are listed with a JT-6 except for the 170. Again, with the 270, I'm not saying it doesn't exist. I'm saying it's not listed.

When the MoAIP is released, there will be some rules and procedures in regards to corrections so we can strengthen the data. However, I'm not even at that point yet.
                            Occupy JCF

Comment

There is a Charvette 270 in the 90/91 catalog....can't remember it's specs, but it was the best of the bunch and featured a double locking trem, not single locking or fulcrum like the other ones.

Comment

And Tekky, I keep thinking of Matt when I see your posts now.... [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

Working...
                                X