• Show
Clear All

help me to identify my guitar

he number stamped on the plate is 348691. Tremolo is Schaller
    some picture:

Thanks!!!

Comment

Re: help me to identify my guitar

Yep, there is a third option....sit down and shut up. I don't choose that one near often enough do I! [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
      My goal in life is to be the kind of asshole my wife thinks I am.

Comment

What is the guitar body wood of a fusion deluxe?
        Thanks

Comment

Basswood, the only Charvel Fusion that wasn't made of basswood was the one with the "MaryKay" translucent white paintjob. (There is a sweet one on ebay right now)

Comment

Originally posted by Hotrodder:
            Basswood, the only Charvel Fusion that wasn't made of basswood was the one with the "MaryKay" translucent white paintjob. (There is a sweet one on ebay right now)
            <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">So my Special is basswood??

Wow, I really don't know my woods as well as I should. Is basswood greenish colored like poplar?
            Sleep!!, That's where I'm a viking!!

http://www.myspace.com/grindhouseadtheband

Comment

Yes, it is basswood.

I don't know about the nekkid color of the wood though...
              Occupy JCF

Comment

My Fusion Special is poplar, so I'm guessing the deluxe is too.

Comment

Basswood isn't green, it looks about the same color as pine. (when it's nekkid! [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img] )

Comment

Wood with a greenish tinge or spots would be poplar. Basswood is pailer in color than pine. Not as yellow. Looks more like alder but is softer and dents realy easily.
                    Gil

Comment

Basswood sometimes has green streaks in it. but otherwise it's a creamy color.

Comment

Zeegler, the 3 answers above are all correct since there are MANY variations of color coming from the same species of wood. Many have stripped thier guitars thinking that they would have the same look as another guitar and found out that when they removed the paint, it looked like crap. You'll never know what you'll uncover until you do. [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img]

Basswood is not a very attractive wood to put a clearcoat over BTW.

Dave->
                        Dave ->

"would someone answer that damn phone?!?!"

Comment

Hmmmm. Well, here's the deal, from the work I've done to my Fusion Special so far, the wood appears to be somewhat dark and greenish, exactly like poplar. I guess the only way to really tell, is to get the paint off the front or back, since the only place I can see the wood at the moment is where I cleaned up the route on the pickup cavity.

Anyway, let's say for arguments sake that it is poplar. How does poplar compare with basswood and alder?

Comment

Originally posted by budman68:
                            As far as sound goes, I've never had a guitar completely made from poplar so I can't give you an opinion. It can't be too bad as it is used on the model 6's but those are just the "wings" on each side of the maple neck-through body.

Dave->
                            <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">I believe my Destiny is like that. Maple down the centre with poplar wings.

Comment

That's a Peavey right?

Dave->
                              Dave ->

"would someone answer that damn phone?!?!"

Comment

Originally posted by budman68:
                                Zeegler, the 3 answers above are all correct since there are MANY variations of color coming from the same species of wood. Many have stripped thier guitars thinking that they would have the same look as another guitar and found out that when they removed the paint, it looked like crap. You'll never know what you'll uncover until you do. [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img]

Basswood is not a very attractive wood to put a clearcoat over BTW.

Dave->
                                <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Not so quick Dave...I happen to have a beautiful slab of curly birds eye flamed quilted basswood that I'm getting ready to use for my next project axe. It's so damned beautiful that my digital camera won't even capture its essence so I'm just going to have to send everyone snapshots when its finished. [img]images/icons/shocked.gif[/img]

Comment

Working...
                                X