hot rodding a 3a or 375

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• hot rodding a 3a or 375

I'm tyring to decide which to guitar to hotrod. Both my model 3a and 375 are stone stock. The 3a i was thinking of a 59 and a jb. The 375 i was thinking of going with a setup similar to my Lynch model ESPs, screamin demon and two texas specials for the single coils. has anyone else used these combos or any variation of?

Re: hot rodding a 3a or 375

About 3,457,871 guitars have the 59/JB combo so I think it will be OK [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img] It all depends on what you like.

Comment

I agree. If you are going to make a great guitar better, why not give it your own personal touch. I know a billion people swear by the Duncan combination above, but when you are through, your guitar will sound like a billion others. Duncan and DiMarzio are coming out with new models all the time, and don't forget about lesser known manufacturers as well. I have heard nothing but great things about the "Rio Grande" pickups, and the new EMG HZ series are supposed to be really good too. Also just on this board it seems the Andersons are fairly popular pickups as well. Dare to be different! I'm sure the Duncan combo sounds great, but to me, having the same setup as everyone else is a big turnoff.

Comment

I second the Rio Grande nomination. I have some in a Les Paul that just crank out tone for days. I've played the Muy Grande bucker in a superstrat (Robin), but I don't remember exactly how it sounded. Great pickups though!

-JP

Comment

Working...
        X