Model 1 vs. Model 2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Model 1 vs. Model 2

Are you sure you saw a single hum Model Charvel with a Kahler Pro? Kahler Pros only came on the 4, 5 & 6 Models so maybe it was a Model 4, which at the time featured hum, single, single and dots on the fretboard. When the Model 4 featured a Kahler Pro (86, early 87), the Model 2 had that fulcrum style Kahler shown on the previous page. When the Model series got a Floyd, the Model 4 also got sharkfins so she looked a bit different than the original Model 4.

Comment

Yes, I'm sure. I know the difference between a Model 1 and a Model 4.

My first Model 6 also had no serial # and a shattered-glass graphic. People used to tell me that was impossible too. No #
      on the back of the headstock, no # stamped into the end of the fretboard. It was The Thing That Could Not Be, and yet it was! Jackson couldn't explain it except to say they made some guitars without serial #s at various points in their history.

Of course someone may have been selling
      their single-hum San Dimas guitars as Model 2s, eh? [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] How come I'm never around when THAT happens? [img]images/icons/frown.gif[/img]
      Ron is the MAN!!!!

Comment

When speaking to Kevin E. about another "Loch Ness Charvel" he said that with the Model series they had a lot of variations and one-offs that weren't cataloged. So a model 2 with a Kahler is possible. However like the other "Loch Ness Charvels" only few have seen them and the rest of us think those few are crazy. [img]graemlins/images/icons/wink.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
        Occupy JCF

Comment

I want to see pics of a model 2 with a Kahler pro. Even a blurry one will do, but no photoshop please! (I can tell the difference [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img] ) [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]
          My goal in life is to be the kind of asshole my wife thinks I am.

Comment

Sorry, I didn't save a pic. I saw Model
            2s with Kahler Pros before I saw them with the Kahler Fulcrum though, enough to
            think the Fulcrum was the oddball.

It being an oddity, I'm certainly willing to accept. If you're implying that what I said is untrue, you're wrong. You can believe it, or not.
            Ron is the MAN!!!!

Comment

No Rich, I trust what you're saying, I would really like to see a pic of one merely because I've never seen one.
              My goal in life is to be the kind of asshole my wife thinks I am.

Comment

Working...
              X