Confusing model 6?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Confusing model 6?

Ok Here's the situation. A customer of mine said he picked up waht was a model 6 (he ran the seriel with Jackson and thats what they told him it was. However It doesn sound like any model 6 ive ever seen. It has an ebony board, two hums, binding on neck and head, black hardware with a kahler. Black in color white gutiar logo, and Master volume <master tone, Two coil tap switches [probably after market] and a three way pickup selector. It also has a 4 digit seriel number stamped in the finger baord at the last fret. Oh and sharkfin inlyas. He also said it was made in the US. but hecouldnt remember what the logo headstock was.
    Gil
    Is this a model 5 or a 6? was there ever either with an Ebony board, four digit seriel and two hums?
    Gil

Re: Confusing model 6?

The '86 Model 5 is two humbuckers and a flatmount Kahler, but the fretboard is non-bound and rosewood. 4 digit serial? White guitar logo? Is the guitar logo 6 in line headstock? A custom job similar to that could be possible.
    Occupy JCF

Comment

hmm, sounds to me like a custom job, ebony rules it out to be a production model 5/6 and 4 digits serial... as I recall it correctly: only USA Jacksons have 4 digit serials, so I guess USA Charvels have that as well (which makes it US made). but on the other hand; I thought customshop guitars don't have a serial [img]graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img]

Harrald

[ October 27, 2003, 09:02 AM: Message edited by: guitar geek ]

Comment

Gil, get pics, you freak!! [img]images/icons/tongue.gif[/img]
        I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Yeah I know pics would help but it was a little hard to do at G3 when we were talking about the guitar. Plus he didnt have it with him. I asked him to bring it in so hopefully he will. I would love to see it.
          Anyway. He was told it was a model 6 and US made but it just doesnt add up.
          Gil

Comment

well, actually I have heared ghost stories about USA "prototypes", whether that is true or not, I don't have a clue, but if that is true, it might be one of those....

harrald

Comment

Working...
            X