What PU's did you use to replace duncan design's

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What PU's did you use to replace duncan design's

Hello, I have a DR3 that I think sounds GREAT unplugged (especially for having a Floyd). I've had it for 2 years now and am TIRED of its non articulate sound plugged in. What pickups have you guys chosen to replace your duncan design's with and can you describe as best you can, the difference in sound that you noticed. I've never swapped out the pickups on any of my guitars before and am looking for ideas, thanks.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qFn-5BTQ8uU

Re: What PU\'s did you use to replace duncan design\'s

I went with all USA Duncans. Customs and Distortions. I prefer the Distortion for the heavy stuff, but the Custom has a slightly better tone for leads (more articulate but still beefy).
    I do not like the JB unless it's in the neck, but the JB Jr in the bridge sounds good, especially when paired with another pickup of differing tone (Lil 59, Hot Rails, etc).

Newc
    I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

My DK2 has the stock stock single coil pups, but I replaced the bridge with a Screamin' Demon. I get some great harmonics out of it, and am very please with the sound.

My model 2 has an EMG 81, which is probably the best pickup in the world, IMHO [img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

Comment

I too replaced the humbucker in my DK2 with a Screamin' Demon. I also replaced the neck single with an APS1 Alnico Pro. Left the middle alone since I really don't use it much.

Comment

Working...
        X