My Charvel

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My Charvel

Oh, sorry... The volume and tone knobs are round. And, yes, there are 3 of them. Yeah, I do have a couple of places on the fingerboard which look like shark fins. Not sure exactly how many frets there are. I'm at work right now.

Re: My Charvel

Originally posted by darkartist:
    I'm at work right now.
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Well then get to work!!! [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/poke.gif[/img] Just kiddin... [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Dave->
    Dave ->

"would someone answer that damn phone?!?!"

Comment

Then yes... You have a Charvel 650XL..

Now get back to work!!! [img]graemlins/images/icons/wink.gif[/img]
      Occupy JCF

Comment

The number after the C in your serial number will tell you what year it is.

C9 = 89, C0 =90, C1 = 91

Comment

Thanks for all your help everybody. [img]graemlins/notworthy.gif[/img]

Comment

My Charvel

Greetings all. I'm glad I found this forum. I need help figuring out exactly what my guitar is, and when it was made. Maybe one of you could help me. I think my guitar is pretty old. It's a neck through Charvel (looks like a san dimas strat?) The thing that's interesting is it has the old logo... before they changed to that shape of a guitar thingee. And, I've looked on the Jackson site for the serial number. I can't find mine on there. My serial number starts with a C... not an R, or J. This leads me to believe that my guitar is pretty old. Has anyone heard of another Charvel serial # that begins with a C? Does anyone know what my guitar is? Thanks for any help.

Comment

Sounds like it is either a Model 6 if it has fins, binding and H-S-S or a Model 5 variation if it has dots, no binding. Either way...made in Japan
              shawnlutz.com

Comment

Hi there and welcome. Does the Charvel on the headstock look like it was written in the "toothpaste" script style logo? If it is, and it's a neck through, and its serial number starts with "C", then it is probably Japanese from the early 90's. Got any pics? Also, if it japanese than post your next thread in the "Import Charvel" area of this forum.
                Welcome! [img]graemlins/toast.gif[/img]

Dave->
                Dave ->

Comment

Your Charvel is an import. It has the 'script' logo.
                  Occupy JCF

Comment

Yeah, the logo looks like toothpaste. Ha, that's a good way to describe it! Oh well, guess my guitar isn't as old as I thought. Still sounds great though. Do you know where I could find a listing of serial #'s, so I could find out exactly what it is? I don't have any photos, but the headstock, and neck look like a Jackson. Anyway. I appreciate the help, and the welcome.

Comment

tell us the features and we'll tell you what it is. The models (as far as I know) don't correspond to serial number patterns..
                      Occupy JCF

Comment

Well, the shape of the headstock looks just like the Jackson one at the top of this page. It has what looks like a traditional San Dimas body. It's neck through, has a Floyd Rose... Um, I don't know what else to tell you. I just play. I'm not that equipment savvy. [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Comment

What's the pickup configuration? What knobs does it have? What inlays does it have?

You say traditional San Dimas body, have you compared it to a San Dimas Charvel or a Fender Stratocaster? Odds are, if you did, you'd find that the body of your Charvel is actually a smidge smaller than the aforementioned guitars.

[ October 31, 2003, 12:50 PM: Message edited by: TEKKY ]
                          Occupy JCF

Comment

So it has white binding around the headstock and fretboard?
                            Dave ->

Comment

Um, I have three EMG pickups. One large one on the bottom, and two smaller ones above it. The knobs are kind of like tapered rectangles. And, I'm not familiar with the idea of inlays. Sorry.

Comment

Working...
                              X