Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

My Charvel story (I could KICK MYSELF!!!)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My Charvel story (I could KICK MYSELF!!!)

Hello, I'm new to the forum, and only recently got reaquainted with Charvel guitars.

When I began playing guitar in the late 70's, I mainly played el-cheapo guitars. My first "real" guitar was a red San Dimas Charvel!!! I loved it. Well, in the early 90's, I started playing Gibsons. I had a friend with 2 Model 2's and he traded me a 1969 Les Paul for my San Dimas. Looking back, I could kick myself for that.

A few months ago, I found a Jackson that I liked. After playing that for a bit, I realized that I NEEDED to get my hands on another Charvel. Well, I now am a happy owner of a Model 1A. I am very satisfied with it. I always liked "hot rodded" strat type guitars, but not Stratocasters themselves. That is why I think my loving the 1A is odd, since, it is basically a strat. Yet again, it is a Charvel!!!! It has a much better neck than any strat I have ever played, and the Jackson single-coils sound superb!!! Lots of tone without the annoying Fender high pitch twang.

Seriously, though, I love Charvels and always have. I wound up selling the Les Paul for around $3k a few years ago. But I wish I had the San Dimas back!!!

Re: My Charvel story (I could KICK MYSELF!!!)

I have a model 1A with a maple neck and an EMG S - loaded pickguard. It massacres any strat I've heard or played, both in playabiity and tone.

But changing the battery is a pain.........

Comment

I love my 1A. Great guitar. Like you say, basically a strat, but with that great Model series neck. Great, great stuff [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]
      Hail yesterday

Comment

Hey redman, have you considered installing one of those pop out battery boxes? I have been thinking of getting one for my model four...don't know if i can stand to take a router to it though...

Comment

Working...
        X