Avenger?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Avenger?

Can somebody fill me in on what it was. I did a search on the board but there is not much info.
    I saw one on ebay and liked the idea of the slanted bridge pickup, and the one single in the neck pos.
    Build a man a fire and he's warm for a day, set a man on fire and he's warm for the rest of his life.

Re: Avenger?

Had one. It had very poor hardware, and the build quality was questionable at best............They certainly looked better in pictures that in the flesh. I think the Avenger and the Fusion Special were made from leftover Charvette parts, because all the hardware is exactly like the Charvettes............

Comment

the avenger was made from 91-92. it then became the jackson rhoads ex pro from 92-now. the last msr was $695. today's prices are from $200 (60%) to $475 (mint).

info from the 8th ed of the blue book of electric guitars.

i'm sure others here have much more info.

Comment

Charvel Avenger

Intro: 1990
        Disc: 1991

Made in Japan

Pickups: 3 J200 Stacked Humbuckers (single coil sized)

Controls: Volume / 5-Way Blade switch

Bridge: JT590

Body: Poplar
        Neck: Maple with Rosewood fingerboard
        Occupy JCF

Comment

How were the stacked humbuckers? I thought most of those types of hybrid pickups sounded pretty bad back then?
          Build a man a fire and he's warm for a day, set a man on fire and he's warm for the rest of his life.

Comment

I have them in my Jackson Dinky XLT (actually it's a Charvel 475DLX-EXOTIC with a Jackson neck), but I have to confess - I don't use them.
            Occupy JCF

Comment

Originally posted by Accept2:
              Had one. It had very poor hardware, and the build quality was questionable at best............They certainly looked better in pictures that in the flesh. I think the Avenger and the Fusion Special were made from leftover Charvette parts, because all the hardware is exactly like the Charvettes............
              <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">[img]images/icons/mad.gif[/img]
              Sleep!!, That's where I'm a viking!!

http://www.myspace.com/grindhouseadtheband

Comment

This is how they should have been made [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

[img]http://groups.msn.com/_Secure/0UwDKAoAZQjC*JL3aL9Lt3Ewrfpjwr4XKNcsFBVu2LS9FsXLqn TMNP29dwgorDYOthLpkkkCMc5fy3JxGn9mL5JlVRaUBsDGGDHN !ioFd5g1CvdF!YY9j9b2N25UYzDmz/Black%20V%20small.jpg?dc=4675439646055615080[/img]

Only thing from the Avenger is the modified body. [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Dave->
                Dave ->

"would someone answer that damn phone?!?!"

Comment

Originally posted by budman68:
                  This is how they should have been made
                  <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Indeed! [img]graemlins/notworthy.gif[/img]
                  Hail yesterday

Comment

They should have been made well........There is no excuse for making guitars with a pocket gap big enough to park a car in it.............

Comment

[img]http://groups.msn.com/_Secure/0UwDKAoAZQjC*JL3aL9Lt3Ewrfpjwr4XKNcsFBVu2LS9FsXLqn TMNP29dwgorDYOthLpkkkCMc5fy3JxGn9mL5JlVRaUBsDGGDHN !ioFd5g1CvdF!YY9j9b2N25UYzDmz/Black%20V%20small.jpg?dc=4675439646055615080[/img]

Only thing from the Avenger is the modified body. [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Dave->
                      <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Hey share some more info on the beauty. Is it a jackson custom shop ? thats like my dream rhoads.

Comment

Dave->
                        <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">More info on this one please. That is sweet.

Comment

He modified an Avenger, there's a post on it somewhere around here...
                          Occupy JCF

Comment

Hey Dave, next time try Not to get your walker in the shot of the guitar. [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
                            Scott
                            Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Be brave and upright, that God may love thee. Speak the truth always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless and do no wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by StukaJU87:
                              Hey Dave, next time try Not to get your walker in the shot of the guitar. [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
                              <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">[img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
                              That's great stuff threre Scott! It does look like one doesn't it? That's just my tripod as I'm not very steady(I shake alot!). Yes, Tekky is correct, it was an Avenger body that I plugged the neck pickup routing, tone and switch openings were also plugged. I wanted a 24 fret V so I had to route the neck pocket deeper to accept the 24 fret Jackson neck because obviously it was a different scale [img]images/icons/tongue.gif[/img] . I also shaved about 3/4" off the bottom part of the V and made the access to the upper frets much easier by removing a bit of the body in that area. On the back I actually did a step in the body where the neck attaches to give more access to that area because the Avenger bodies are so thick there. The pickup is a "full shred" housed in a chrome ring from an old Univox Bass pickup and then I put it in one of my "special" pickup rings [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] . The trem is a chrome OFR and the guitar kicks ass! Hope that helps!

Dave->
                              Dave ->

"would someone answer that damn phone?!?!"

Comment

Working...
                              X