Chavette

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chavette

since i don't know, i thought i'd ask for advice.

near my house, sitting in a pawn shop is a charvette guitar. it has a double locking trem (not sure of make) and 3 charvel pickups s/s/h. the body is finished in a black/orange tigerstripe. i believe the guy wants 199 for it and it has it's hardshell case.

is this a good deal, should i stay away, are charvettes good/bad, etc?

any help would be great.

Re: Chavette

Check the tremolo cavity. You can tell if the wood is solid or plywood there. If it's plywood, set it on fire, if it's solid, try and talk him down to about one fiddy or one twennyfife.
    Occupy JCF

Comment

I don't think any Charvette would be worth $199.00 considering that you can buy a nice old model series for the same money. The most I'd ever pay for any Charvette is 100 bucks and it would have to be mint. Some of them are decent players but the resale value sucks. I think most of the bodies were made from laminated sh!twood weren't they tekky? [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

[ November 10, 2003, 07:38 PM: Message edited by: mm2002 ]
      My goal in life is to be the kind of asshole my wife thinks I am.

Comment

Originally posted by mm2002:
        I think most of the bodies were made from laminated sh!twood weren't they tekky? [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
        <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Noooooo Mark, you're thinking of Asswood. [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Dave->
        Dave ->

"would someone answer that damn phone?!?!"

Comment

thanks y'all. i had a sneaking idea it wouldn't be worth my hard earned moolah.

i've only been on this board a few days, and i'm saved already!!!

Comment

they're not called Shove It's for nothing [img]graemlins/images/icons/wink.gif[/img]
            Hail yesterday

Comment

Hehe, yeah from what I've heard, most of them are crap. I have one that is an awesome guitar, and has great hardware on it too, but a friend of mine has the same model from a different year, and the trem on it wouldn't even make a good anchor. Come to think of it, the tuners were crappy too. $199 sounds like waaaaay too much IMHO. I paid $178 Canadian for mine about 9 years ago. What's that about $15 U.S.? [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]
              Sleep!!, That's where I'm a viking!!

http://www.myspace.com/grindhouseadtheband

Comment

$13.50 [img]graemlins/images/icons/tongue.gif[/img]

Comment

i had a old Charvette , i dont know what the body was made of it was solid wood(i dont think it was basswood) but i changed the pickups and it was a great guitar. mind you it was what it was(a cheap guitar)but with a decent setup and some killer pickups i think there great.i traded it for a old BC Rich Warlock bass and it was a usa model.the guy that used to own this pawn in my city shop would get cool stuff in and ask me what it was worth(bad mistake)cause he didnt know anything about guitars and stuff. this is the same place i got a 4 year old gibson explorer for 200.00 CANADIAN!i told him it wasnt real cause the logo was gone of it. [img]graemlins/band.gif[/img]

Comment

Working...
                  X