Interesting Charvel A+K model?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Interesting Charvel A+K model?

I spotted this stunning guitar that I quite fancy. The seller says he thinks it's a 2002 limited model called an A+K. It has the look of a San Dimas with a lovely bookmatched Koa top, ebony fingerboard, S/Dunc HSS p'ups and a softened Strat head (like PC1).

Does anyone know anything about these, I'm assuming Japan, but any info would be appreciated?

Japan, between 2001 and 2003 I think...? But I probably am wrong. Model A+ or the likes. Good guitars. How much is he asking? It'd be way worth it for under 400 pounds.

Comment

EBAY, so who knows what it'll sell for. My wife's after some 10th anniversary ideas so I've sent this one her way... ;-)
      I'll let you know...

Comment

Isn't it a quilt maple veneered top? On a mahogany body. 1 x Pearly Gates in bridge and 2 x Little Screamin’ Demon hums in middle and neck. JT-580 trem i think. Bolt on. Looks awesome.
        Henrik
        AUDIOZONE.DK - a guitar site for the Jackson and Charvel fan

Comment

The one I've seen is Koa top (apparently) but everything else is the same.

Comment

I have the brochure of these models somewhere, but I can't find it. Here's some info from HC I found, though.
            http://namm.harmony-central.com/WNAM...el-Models.html
            I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Thanks. that's really helpful.

Comment

I have a MIJ Traditional model ($238 New E-BAy) and my son has a basic black A+ model ($359 New from AMS Blow out).
                Both are quality built guitars that are very under priced most times on E-bay.

Usually you can win them on ebay for under $400, which is a very good price for these. The Koa top may raise the price some though. IF they had OFR on them they would probably sell in the $600-700 range used, IMO.

Comment

Hey Freakmatt,

I know this is an old post, but I'm a new member to the forum. I think I won this item! Yes it is a Koa top and I paid £401.10 for it with a brand new very high quality hard case. I bought it to try and replicate Reb Beach's Suhr model in the Whitesnake tribute band Snakebite...what can I say. It's absolutely amazing, sound oustanding, is rock solid even after two hours of shredding and sweating and really looks too cool. It uetterly blows away my partner in crime's PRS, in fact he;s fed up with his PRS now and loooking for a change.

I'd buy another one right away, maybe the blue or sunbust quilt maple version for a change, but it must have the stunning unfinished birds ey neck...a shredders delight! There's some pics of me playing it on the band website. Great forum...see you around

Cheers

Pete http://www.snakebiteuk.com

Comment

Working...
                  X