Model 5 question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Model 5 question

Subvamp, I played a Schecter that had a setup like this, where the 2nd and 4th positions were single coil sounds from their respective pickup. I like to use a neck single coil for cleans, but a neck humbucker for solos, so I loved this setup and thought it sounded great. I guess that is why they make lots of different guitars though eh [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img]

Comment

That definitely makes sense! Maybe I just hooked things up incorrectly...I had all sorts of "out of phase" issues. I'll try to tackle it again on the next rainy day. [img]images/icons/tongue.gif[/img]

Comment

Subvamp, you need a custom switch to do that properly. The Schaller Megaswitch, the Yamaha 5, or even the Jackson J005 will do. And as Boxcar said, it allows single coil approximations with a dual humbucker guitar.
        "Got a crazy feeling I don't understand,
        Gotta get away from here.
        Feelin' like I shoulda kept my feet on the ground
        Waitin' for the sun to appear..."

Comment

Hey Subvamp,

Stewmac carries the megaswitch, check their catalog or on the web at www.stewmac.com

Joe

Comment

Ah, I did not know that! Can you buy a "megaswitch", or is it an OEM part?

Comment

Yeah I have on eof those megaswitches in my 750XL and it friggin rocks. Great versatility with amaizing tone. Dimarzio makes them too. You should be able to get them from any Dimarzio dealer. Or from say Stew Mac. What seperates the mega switch from the rest of the 5 ways is its like two switches put together with one lever.
              So you can get various wiring schemes going with one simple switch.
              Gil

Comment

Excellent...I'm off to order one now. [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img] Thanks guys! [img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

Comment

My Fender Double Fat Strat has what they call a "Super Five-Way" switch.
                  Here's what it does:

full neck humbucker
                  top coil of neck
                  both humbuckers
                  inner coils of both pickups
                  full bridge humbucker

My Ibanez 7-string (RG7620) that's got the five-way with custom DiMarzios is a little different with the neck position being able to go into parallel mode instead of series. And I think one of the other modes is the two outer coils on together, if I remember correctly.
                  I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Working...
                  X