No announcement yet.

Charvel 475 questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

it isn't that lower or high models were better or worse in quality. The difference was in the features available. Both are nice guitars, the 375 was simpler in its appointments, where as the 475 had pretty features, like neck binding & sharkfins. Those nicer features meant you paid more when these guitars were new, but it's not a reflection on the relative "quality" of each model.

And the 475 isn't better than a Model 4 just because it replaced it. After 3 years, they replaced the entire - predominantly strat shaped - Model series with the "more modern" Contemporary series, which featured sleeker shapes, as typified by the smaller Dinky body. The Model series wasn't ended because the guitars were crap - Charvel just revamped the line. Some prefer the 375s/475s/etc to the Model series, others prefer the "old school Charvel" feel of the original imports.
    Hail yesterday

Comment

Originally posted by Ekhaatvensters
      Hahaha, sorry guys I didnt mean to sound like I think the guitar isnt good. Im quite amped that I got it for like $200.

I was just wonderng where the 475 slots in into the models, in terms of quality. That is what model numbers are for right? I mean a Epiphone G-400 is worse that a black beuaty right?

Edit: oh I see what you guys mean, I said EVEN worse than.. sorry I jus mean worse than.
      You got a very nice deal for a 200$. You can sell it for twice that price no problem.

Comment

Originally posted by VitaminG
        it isn't that lower or high models were better or worse in quality. The difference was in the features available. Both are nice guitars, the 375 was simpler in its appointments, where as the 475 had pretty features, like neck binding & sharkfins. Those nicer features meant you paid more when these guitars were new, but it's not a reflection on the relative "quality" of each model.

And the 475 isn't better than a Model 4 just because it replaced it. After 3 years, they replaced the entire - predominantly strat shaped - Model series with the "more modern" Contemporary series, which featured sleeker shapes, as typified by the smaller Dinky body. The Model series wasn't ended because the guitars were crap - Charvel just revamped the line. Some prefer the 375s/475s/etc to the Model series, others prefer the "old school Charvel" feel of the original imports.
        Thanks for clearing it up.

Oh and was the 475 mahogany body? It feels very heavy so that was my geuss but im still not shure. Sorry abotu al the questions.

Nazgul: I bought it from some guy in South Africa were I live. He didnt know what it was and was getting rid of a few guitars, I liked that one so i bought it, it was very cheap. R1600 $1=R7, but you guys get guitars for much cheaper than we do in SA so a R1600 guitar is about what a R1000 guitar would cost you guys.

Comment

Working...
        X