• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 3A pictures and some questions

Hi!

Here's a couple of pictures of 3A (I think?):

http://www.ostol.osakk.fi/~mapaanan/charvel/charvel.htm

This guitar is on sale with very reasonable price, and I would like to have it. I already got model 3, and would like to know is there any other differences between 3 and 3A than pickups? Model 3 is s-s-h with J90C, right? How about 3A, two hums but which models? Anything else I should know before buying?

Re: 3A pictures and some questions

Both pickups are the J80C Jackson USA Humbucker
    Occupy JCF

Comment

The model 3a has the jackson j80c pickup in both the neck and bridge. To me they are not a very warm pickup,they are very flat sounding, the five way switch gives the guitar a several different voicing options. With better pickups installed I don't think you can find a better guitar for the money. I have switched the bridge over to a screamin demon, but have not changed out the neck pickup yet. My 3a is much heavier than any of my other guitars. Its basswood like the others but much heavier don't know why.

Comment

Tekky you beat me to the punch.

Comment

I'm quick like Bruce Lee today. [img]graemlins/images/icons/wink.gif[/img]
          Occupy JCF

Comment

Originally posted by mudkicker:
            My 3a is much heavier than any of my other guitars. Its basswood like the others but much heavier don't know why.
            <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Maybe it's the difference between a full-sized Strat body and a Dinky body?

Comment

Originally posted by Evolver:
              </font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Originally posted by mudkicker:
              My 3a is much heavier than any of my other guitars. Its basswood like the others but much heavier don't know why.
              <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Maybe it's the difference between a full-sized Strat body and a Dinky body? </font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Not necessarily. I have 2 86 3A's, and one is much heavier than the other. Actually if I'm not mistaken, they are all strat bodies. It's just that the 86's are front routed with a pickguard while the 87's are rear routed without the pickguard.

By the way, that one is an 86 and should have Jackson J80C's. Personally I like the J80's very much.

By the

Comment

Thanks guys, I think I'm gonna get the one. Did I get it right, that after '86 3A's came up without pickguard?

Comment

Guys,

Regarding the 3A's 5-way switch and 2 buckers - how are the switch positions 2 and 4 wired?
                  "You are so stupid that I am surprised you have not collapsed into a singularity of stupidity." - Anon

Comment

Working...
                  X