Model 6 help ... ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Model 6 help ... ?

Would you guys be so kind as to outline the controls (switches, knobs) on my Jap Model 6 ? I'm really concerned about killing the battery, if that's possible with the wrong idle setting. Thanks in advance. [img]graemlins/help.gif[/img]

[img]images/icons/cool.gif[/img]

Re: Model 6 help ... ?

i beleive, as is the case with my 87 m6, that when the cable is removed then the battery drain is stopped, so whenever you arent playing, just remember to unplug your guitar

Comment

That is correct, when the cable is removed(if it's the stock setup) the output jack acts as the switch. Just unplug [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Dave->
      Dave ->

"would someone answer that damn phone?!?!"

Comment

I have to find a bypass for that as I find it's an incredible pain in the keister when I forget and leave the guitar plugged in. It would be nice if there was a ciruit that could sense inactivity in the signal and have an auto shutoff after 'x' amount of time to save the battery like they have on some effect pedals nowadays.

Comment

Well Charvelguy, they do have that available on the custom shop Jacksons but it's a $1000.00 option! [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] J/K
          You could buy a lot of batteries for a grand huh!
          Seriously though, is it really that much of a pain in the ass to unplug your guitar when you're done? It's automatic for me because all of my guitars hang on wall mounts and if I forget to unplug the cord I trip over it. [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
          My goal in life is to be the kind of asshole my wife thinks I am.

Comment

Tom, you could always connect a Mercury switch that you can get from Radio Shack. You can install it at a certain angle so when the guitar is standing straight up, it shuts off. Now if you do a lot of stage antics(sp?) then I wouldn't recommend it [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Dave->
            Dave ->

Comment

A mercury switch...hmm..I can see my signal cuttin in and out on a toss over the shoulder. [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Akai has a tuner pedal the T-10 I believe that you can leave plugged in and it'll shut off the circuit after 'x' amount of no useage.

It's not a major pain to unplug, I'm just not always used to it on some models in my arsenal and my lapse in memory sometimes costs me a 9V...no biggie, just wishin as it be cool not to be concerned with it.

Comment

OK, I get it...unplug...battery lives ! I'd really like to know what the switch functions are and how the knobs relate to them (coil splitting, pre-amp..etc).

Budman..I need the rectangular plate for the back. Got one for me ?

Comment

each switch is an on/off for each pickup. Simple as that.

The knobs are for volume, tone, and preamp.
                  Hail yesterday

Comment

Hey, another person who likes Heartfields? I collect them as well.

Comment

Originally posted by heartfielder:
                      OK, I get it...unplug...battery lives ! I'd really like to know what the switch functions are and how the knobs relate to them (coil splitting, pre-amp..etc).

Budman..I need the rectangular plate for the back. Got one for me ?
                      <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">I'm sure I can help, shoot me an email:

[email protected]

Thanks bro,
                      Dave->
                      Dave ->

Comment

Working...
                      X