Model info

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Model info

i seen a charvel for sale today ,but i dont know what model it is.it had a bolt on neck 22 fret rosewood board, 1 hum 2 singles 5 way 1 vol, 1 tone.old style charvel logo. and the weird trem that has the fine tuners and the locking screw as the same part.i think its a good price of $175.00 canadian or about $133.52 for those who cant convert.oh ya it had the chip off the end of the headstock(just a small one only seen from the back). so what model is it?

Re: Model info

Model 4, built in '87-88. should have sharkfin inlays? A good price too. What are you sitting here for? Go an' git it!
    Hail yesterday

Comment

no sharkfins , it had dots

Comment

you can scratch what I said earlier. No way it's a Model 4. Not with a blade switch. M4s had mini-toggles.

So I believe it is a Model 3. That weird trem is a JT-6, which makes the guitar an '87 or '88. That's still a good price for it.

Although, Model 3s didn't come with that chip in the headstock as standard, so maybe it's some kind of Japanese Custom Shop model? [img]graemlins/images/icons/wink.gif[/img]
        Hail yesterday

Comment

Model tree it is... How bad is the chip?
          Occupy JCF

Comment

If the chip is original it's a model 3CH
            My goal in life is to be the kind of asshole my wife thinks I am.

Comment

just the standard headstock chip off the tip.about 1/2" at its widest point.kind of a triangle shape.

Comment

OWWWWWWWWWWW!!!!!!

Well, it's still a good deal, and if the chip is that objectional, you can prolly find a good deal on a neck.
                Occupy JCF

Comment

if its still there when i get paid on friday i'm going to grab it. like i said in my first post you can only see the chip from behind, not when you look at it str8 on from the front.

Comment

If the front is not damaged you can cut a piece of maple shape it to fit or use wood filler to repair the chip.Thats a good price for a model 3.
                    Thats the one model series I've not had one of.Still looking.
                    Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

Yup model 3 i just sold mine along with my model 6. Im gonna miss those two. The 6 had the ti[p broken off when i got it bit didnt effect it's playablity or tone just looked odd. So i had a new tip put on and it looks original. Even replaced the binding zand matched the paint too.
                      The whole model series are great guitars but the 6 is extreme killer axe. (not as nice as my 750xl but just like my solists.)
                      For that money oid grab it.
                      Gil

Comment

Working...
                      X