Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Model 6?

Hey guys,

Great Board!! I'm new here -- first post. I've lurked, read, and pondered on several posts. I’m blown away by the amount of knowledge displayed by the members and mod's.

A small intro (I didn't see a formal intro forum), I'm actively pursuing intermediate player status. I'm a civil engineer, closet guitarist. I began playing in high school, graduated in '85 and pursued a career with the USMC. I bought my Charvel (new) after returning from a 6-month deployment with some hard saved doe in Jacksonville NC. Practiced like crazy...obtained beginner status...went to college...married...kids...

My axe has been under the bed for about 10+ years. I removed the battery, checked on it from time to time, talked to it occasionally, but she was generally forgotten. I've reached a point in my life now where I can spend some time with her...and it feels damn good.

I'm not planning on selling but would like some info. I think it is a 86-87 Model 6. Serial on the bolt on neck plate is 244### (can't exactly remember, 6-digits though) and lists a PO Box in Ft Worth. So I know this is a Japanese made version. Kahler tremolo, H-S-S config, active mid-boost, Jackson tuners, non-shark fin inlays (dots), Jackson pickups. Everything is stock including the original tweed hard-shell case and accompanying tools.

I've not found another axe anywhere with the same config. The space under the bolt on neck, on the body is stamped 4D, the opposing space on the neck is stamped 4f.

I do not remember any paperwork coming with the guitar. Do I have a model 6? Was there any paperwork (owners manual) shipped with these guitars?

Thanks for any feedback.

Re: Model 6?

Do I have a model 6?
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">No. It is probably one of the model 4's. Model 5 and 6 were neck thru. Welcome to the forum too! [img]graemlins/toast.gif[/img]
    Scott
    Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Be brave and upright, that God may love thee. Speak the truth always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless and do no wrong.

Comment

welcome! Stuka has it - it's a Model 4. What colour? Got pics? [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]
      Hail yesterday

Comment

Since it has a Kahler it is a 1986.
        Welcome to the board!
        My goal in life is to be the kind of asshole my wife thinks I am.

Comment

Thanks for the replies. I don't have any pic's on hand but I think I will take some and place them on the board. It's black including the hardware. No pick guard and has a dark rosewood fretboard. The finish is still in excellent condition which may be a good of bad thing. I knew a guy once that only liked to read dog-eared, ratted, frayed books. He said a frayed book that was falling apart from readings was a happy book.

So, my Charvel hasn't been played in "gigs" or in pubic. Only in my garage. She still looks real good.

I'll try to post a photo in a few days.

Comment

Welcome to the board! [img]graemlins/toast.gif[/img]

Hey, well-worn guitars are fine, but one
            in primo condition is even better. Sounds like a great axe!

Rich
            Ron is the MAN!!!!

Comment

welcome indeed, join our addiction [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/toast.gif[/img]

harrald

Comment

Working...
              X