Pickup rings

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pickup rings

Are these hard to come by, or do most guitar shops sell/ have them, or does each guitar have its own size of pickup ring? Is it important to have the original? Concerning the humbucker of a model 6.
    Thanks

most guitar shops should have them. But you need a special oversize ring for Charvels. Or else you redrill to fit your new regulation size rings.
    Hail yesterday

Comment

contact Dave here: www.fretsonthenet.com . He makes all kinds of pickup rings and has some other cool stuff for sale also. He's a memeber here (Budman68).

Comment

Thanks, i guess ill buy one when the guitar is almost ready. so just a regular oversized ring? or is it a special charvel one?

Comment

It depends on which pickup you want. If you will keep J50BC, then oversized jackson ring, if you want regular sized humbucker (dimarzio, seymour, emg...) than you can buy the one that is same size, but made for regular sized pickups so they fit in better. The latter is kinda ugly to me, cause it's thicker. You can also fill pickup route and then re-route it for regular sized pickup and then buy normal regular sized ring.

Comment

Well i wont be keeping the jackson humbucker in there, but i wont go to much hassle if it doesnt look 100% correct, if it sounds good, it'll be fine for me.

Comment

Working...
            X