Schaller single locking trem info?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Schaller single locking trem info?

Hi folks. New member here who just picked up this Fusion Special. I cannot find any info on the single locking trem it comes with. If anyone here has any insight into this it would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

There's a little info here:

http://audiozone.dk/index-filer/TremoloInfoProject.htm

Henrik calls it the JT-570. I always just thought of it as the single-locking version of the JT-590 Schaller trem, just like the first Floyd Rose II was single-locking. The best thing I can say about that trem is that is a simple matter to replace it with a Schaller or JT-590.

Comment

Originally posted by dg
      The best thing I can say about that trem is that is a simple matter to replace it with a Schaller or JT-590.
      You just made my night bro. Thanks!

Comment

Are you sure that guitar is not a 275 deluxe?
        METAL, LIVE IT!

Comment

Originally posted by dg
          Henrik calls it the JT-570. I always just thought of it as the single-locking version of the JT-590 Schaller trem, just like the first Floyd Rose II was single-locking.
          Here's a crop from the Jackson 1992 catalogue, see last entry:

The funny thing is that in this 1992 catalogue, no guitars used the JT-570 yet it's on the bridge list.

In the 1990-91 catalogue the JT-570 is used on a few models (Avenger, Charvette 150/250, Charvel 275 deluxe), but is only referred to as "single locking tremolo". No model designation.

Please note that this information is purely my own speculation and putting 2&2 together, by looking at the catalogues and seeing the guitars. But I think the JT-570 theory holds water. It's a Schaller copy of the original Floyd Rose Single Locking Tremolo.

Originally posted by dg
          The best thing I can say about that trem is that is a simple matter to replace it with a Schaller or JT-590.
          Good info, dg. Did you try this swap yourself? No problems involved? (intonation etc.).

Originally posted by jacksonaxes
          I agree with you.
          Last edited by jackson1; 07-11-2006, 05:37 AM.
          Henrik
          AUDIOZONE.DK - a guitar site for the Jackson and Charvel fan

Comment

I am certainly no expert, but not according to the person I bought it from and this:

Comment

When in doubt, count the frets.

275DLX = 22
              Fusion Special = 24

(that actually goes for any Script-logoed bolt-on Charvel)
              Last edited by Tekky; 07-11-2006, 09:22 AM.
              Occupy JCF

Comment

You got me on that one, I owe you one.
                METAL, LIVE IT!

Comment

my fusion special has a slanted HB and LP floyd, and is clearly marked SPL in the neck cavity, guess they made a few variations
                  Last edited by FusionFarmer; 07-12-2006, 06:56 PM.
                  I say the boy ain't right!

Comment

Thanks for the info guys. The guitar arrived and after some tweaking, plays really well. There are only a few dings here and there, and the trem is actually pretty cool as well. Not as perfect as a double locking trem, but this design is pretty unique and holds up as well as any of my Wilkinsons.

By any chance, does anyone know what the body is made of? I may make this a weekend project and strip it. Thanks!

Comment

The body is basswood. Good to hear that the trem isn't giving you any trouble!

Comment

Originally posted by dg
                        The body is basswood. Good to hear that the trem isn't giving you any trouble!
                        Ugh. I should've known by the unplugged feel. Basswood is boring to look at. Maybe I will redo this in pearl white...

The trem is fine for my use. If I can find a 590 on eBay cheap I will snap it up. Interesting that the pups are wired like a stock Strat. Not sure what the impetus behind that was. Anyway, best $152 I've ever spent

Comment

Those trems are very well made, and as long as you're not a heavy "whammy" user, they stay in tune well.
                          My goal in life is to be the kind of asshole my wife thinks I am.

Comment

Here's a 275 deluxe which I was going to put a schaller single locker on? Or should I keep the JT-6 on there?

Comment

Keep the JT6... it's better than the single-locker.
                              I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Working...
                              X