Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is a Charvel 275 Deluxe any good?

hello,

I can buy a white Charvel 275 Deluxe but I don't know if it's any good.. any specs and opinions are appreciated [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img] thanks.

the seller asks 300 euro.

this is it:

Re: Is a Charvel 275 Deluxe any good?

My favorite atrat bodied Charvels in this order are:

Predator
    Model 3DR
    275DLX

The only downside of that 275DLX is the route for the bridge pickup. It would be a pain in the neck to replace the pickup which you probably will want to do. I routed mine out slightly and used a pickup ring. It looks and works great.

Comment

I agree with JGcable. I have a fusion special (basically same guiter, shorter scale) and have been experimenting trying to get a better tone from it. I replaced two of the charvel pups with Jackson J-200's, and while it is an improvement, I'm thinking I would rather have a full sized HB at the bridge. Playability wise, it is very good. THe pickups really need to go.

Comment

thanks for the replies

just one more question, is it japan made?

Comment

yes

Comment

My favorite strat bodied Charvels in this order are:

Predator
            Model 3DR
            275DLX
            <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">JG, aren't these all soloist style bodies? [img]graemlins/poke.gif[/img] [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Comment

I thought they are all based on the Dinky. I was told once that when the Predator was discontinued the body was renamed Dinky. I am a 22 fret bolt on guy bro.. no matter how much I try, I just can't get into set neck or neck thru's. I need to "feel the heel" [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

All these guitars have small "Dinky" sized bodies.I know it sounds bizarre but I am not really into the Soloist's. I think it has alot to do with how far the strings are from the body surface. I like to have lots of space between the strings and the guitar body. Most neck thrus have the neck positioned deep into the body and the strings are very close to the guitar body.

Comment

is that a 275dlx??? I thought it was a predator?? btw, I have seen nicer ones on the dutch markplaats.nl for better money, there was a month ago a model 6...

harrald

Comment

I was told that the Predator and the 3DR both have reverse headstocks so that would make that guitar a 275DLX.

Comment

They're all Dinky bodies. 7/8 the size of a strat, it is the bolt-on version of the Soloist body.

The 3DR and Predator are a Dinky body with 22 frets, reversed headstock, straight humbucker in the bridge and a slanted single-coil in the neck with a 5-way blade switch.

The 3DR being the predecessor, looks a bit different than what we all consider today's Dinky body. It was the first use of the design and the horns are actually a little shorter than they would be on any other Dinky.

[ February 03, 2004, 03:42 PM: Message edited by: TEKKY ]
                    Occupy JCF

Comment

Tekky, you always forget a major point, the 3DR was the only Japanese Dinky lacking the scallop on the rear! dammit!! [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
                      (well, besides some of the older Jackson SD and Ontario dinkys)
                      My goal in life is to be the kind of asshole my wife thinks I am.

Comment

I didn't know the Predator had one.
                        Occupy JCF

Comment

My 275DLX doesn't have the scallop. It has the angled heel joint unless of course mine is actually a 3DR with a replacement non-reverse headstock. The hum is angled and the single is straight.

Comment

Originally posted by guitar geek:
                            btw, I have seen nicer ones on the dutch markplaats.nl for better money
                            <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Yeah I'm watching markplaats for some cool axes..

I really like this one.. I always wanted a white Charvel.. there's also a white charvette but I don't really like it

I'll just wait till something really interesting pops up [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Comment

If the hum is angled and the single is straight a Predator it ain't. If the hum is angled and the single is straight a Predator it ain't. If it doesn't fit, you must acquit... [img]graemlins/images/icons/wink.gif[/img]
                              Occupy JCF

Comment

Working...
                              X