Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Is a Charvel 275 Deluxe any good?

Originally posted by jgcable:
    My 275DLX doesn't have the scallop. It has the angled heel joint unless of course mine is actually a 3DR with a replacement non-reverse headstock. The hum is angled and the single is straight.
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">I thought all the bodies with the angled heel joint were Charvettes??? No ???
    The 3DR doesn't have a scallop or an angled heel joint, the Predator does have the scallop but still no angled joint. To my knowledge all of the 375s, and 475s had the scallop. I have owned each and this has been true with all of mine anyway. But, who knows. I thought the 275s had a strat style body, not dinky. If that's wrong then what were the strat shaped toothpaste Charvels with the angled double single coils in the bridge pos?
    My goal in life is to be the kind of asshole my wife thinks I am.

Comment

Here's one on eBay. Looks like a 275 and it does have the dinky style body. So what were the ones with that same config but with the strat shaped body? Also note that this one has the locking trem, the 275s I've seen had the non-locking schaller. No address on the neck plate either, I think there was a thread about this earlier.
      Guitar on ebay

Comment

They started out with the strat bodies. Possibly the last of the Model-series bodies made. Then they moved to the dinky style.
        Occupy JCF

Comment

aha....that makes sense. I was beginning to wonder if I was going crazy, because I knew I'd seen them both ways.

Comment

The '89 275 had a Strat body, JT6 trem, J90C hum in the bridge and a slant single in the neck. I believe they moved to the config shown in the first pic begining in '90.

Comment

I will post pics of it tonight and maybe we can get to the bottom of this!!

Comment

Yes, what John said. The 1989 275 was a strat body and the 90-91's had Dinky bodies. Beware though, the 90-91's came with single locking trems, ie. only a locking nut. A 375 is a much better guitar with a better pickup and the good Schaller double locking Floyd.

Comment

We've moved away from the original question - is a 275 any good?
                  Well I've got a 1989 model and it's a great guitar.Nice feel, good shape neck,easy to play, and never goes out of tune.
                  What more could you want.
                  I do think the 1990 - 91 models were different though.

Comment

To answer your original posted question:
                    Yes, if you like your 275 than it is a good guitar. I have guitars worth 2-3k and my favorite is a Charvel parts guitar that is worth around $250.00.

Comment

Originally posted by TEKKY:
                      If the hum is angled and the single is straight a Predator it ain't. If the hum is angled and the single is straight a Predator it ain't. If it doesn't fit, you must acquit... [img]graemlins/images/icons/wink.gif[/img]
                      <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Mine is exactly the same as the white one listed except it is 7-up green and I routed out the bridge pickup cavity to accept a white Duncan JB and a pickup bezel. Mine also has the toothpaste logo removed and a original 3 on a side Charvel gold logo in its place.

Comment

I'm glad you got that one back John, very cool little axe.
                        About the original question, I think all of the Japanese Charvels were damn fine guitars, especially at the prices you get them for nowadays.

Comment

Help me here. I too have a Fusion and my wife bought it for me (so I CAN'T EVER get rid of it or that's my butt!). It was original when she gave it to me and beautiful but it sounded like crap. I had a humbucker SH-8 Invader sitting around so I told my guitar guru to place it in the bridge. This is what it looked like afterwards. I don't care for the pickguard and I wish he put the humb. in at an angle like a Kramer. I'd like to see some examples of the mods you guys did on your Fusions. Thanks.

Comment

That pickguard is [img]graemlins/puke.gif[/img]

Comment

Originally posted by catzodellamarina:
                              I don't care for the pickguard and I wish he put the humb. in at an angle like a Kramer. I'd like to see some examples of the mods you guys did on your Fusions. Thanks.
                              <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Well, my Avenger/Jackson mutt isn't a fusion but it had the same pickup configuration as yours. I made a pickup ring to cover the ugly route that's in those and it's kind of like what you're talking about.

Dave->
                              Dave ->

"would someone answer that damn phone?!?!"

Comment

Thanks for the idea. I need to take it apart and decide what to do. I want to start playing it again. [img]graemlins/band.gif[/img]

Comment

Working...
                                X