Model Series Prices and Advice

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Model Series Prices and Advice

What seems to be the going rate for say a model 4 at the moment. I have a mutt that has a model 4 body and love the weight and feel of it and would like to get the real deal. It looks like I will have to get one from the USA and get it shipped to the UK. Is the Model 4 a good one to go for or are there other model series ones that are similar but better to have. Would like a single humbucker and floyd as minimum.
    Thanks
    www.myspace.com/historyofheavymetal

If you like full size strats, model 1-4 will offer you precisely that, with a bolt-on maple neck. They all came with a bridge humbucker (in different pickup configurations), except for model 1A I believe (three singles in a pickguard). Model 1 had a vintage style trem. Model 2 had a Kahler fulcrum for '86, and later got the double locking JT-6 licensed Floyd. Model 3-4 came with Kahler Pros in '86, and also got the JT-6 later.

Model 5-6 are 24 fret neck-thrus (maple through poplar), and have the smaller soloist style body. All variants came with bridge humbuckers.

Model 7 is a telecaster model with two singlecoil pickups, and the rare model 8 was the precursor to the Charvel Spectrum (dinky body, weird pickguard, three singlecoils and bolt-on neck).

Model 88 (limited edition) had a dinky sized body (unless I'm misremembering) in mahogany, with a bolt-on maple neck. It had a single, slanted humbucker.

Comment

Great info, Sunbane. Just a few points - The 86 Model 3's had the Kahler fulcrum trem. Models 4-6 had the Kahler 2300, but not the "Pro." The Pro had steel string rollers.
      -------------------------
      Blank yo!

Comment

Originally posted by Grandturk
        Great info, Sunbane. Just a few points - The 86 Model 3's had the Kahler fulcrum trem. Models 4-6 had the Kahler 2300, but not the "Pro." The Pro had steel string rollers.
        I stand corrected. Thanks!
        I hope I'm not off on more points.

Comment

Thanks for the info guys. Any ideas on what they are worth?

Comment

I always say you pay what you feel you should pay based on how much you like/want it. I have seen Model 4's (mint ones) go between 3-400 on ebay
            Last edited by quakana; 07-14-2006, 08:30 AM.

Comment

Just Popped up

CLick Here------->Charvie-Model4

Comment

Originally posted by quakana
                Just Popped up

CLick Here------->Charvie-Model4
                I saw this one. He wants about $100 to ship to the UK so makes it about £290 total with the BIN and shipping.

Comment

Originally posted by Speiro
                  I saw this one. He wants about $100 to ship to the UK so makes it about £290 total with the BIN and shipping.
                  don't forget the custums .

Comment

Oh yes customs, forgot about that, have always gotten away with that in the past .
                    Next question is Kahler or Floyd? There's a batterd one just gone on the bay over here that has a Kahler but the BIN is way to high for the condition I think.

Comment

Where does the Model 1C fit in? It's like a 87 Model 3 (HSS) only with the vintage trem and maple or Rosewood board? Am I close, I am recalling this but I was never sure.

I forget if it had a pickguard or not, but I am wanting to say it didn't have the pickguard.

Comment

Originally posted by Jackson-Charvel
                        Where does the Model 1C fit in? It's like a 87 Model 3 (HSS) only with the vintage trem and maple or Rosewood board? Am I close, I am recalling this but I was never sure.

I forget if it had a pickguard or not, but I am wanting to say it didn't have the pickguard.
                        This one doesn't have a pickguard:

Yahoo!オークションは、誰でも簡単に売り買いが楽しめる、日本最大のネットオークションサイトです。圧倒的な商品数を誇るYahoo!オークションで、落札・出品してみませんか?補償制度もあります。
                        Until you get weaned off the boobie, you are going to have to do what the wife wants too. -Rsmacker

Comment

Yep, I think that's a 1c, you dont see many of those.
                          METAL, LIVE IT!

Comment

Spooky, is this one?
                            http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.d...MEWA%3AIT&rd=1

Comment

yep, that's a 1C
                              Hail yesterday

Comment

Working...
                              X