Stupid 750XL Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stupid 750XL Question

OK, I got my 750XL just before x-mas and still havent found a case that will fit it. Everything I have tried is too thin. What case do I need for this and does anyone have one they might be willing to sell me?

Thanks, Don

Re: Stupid 750XL Question

What an excellent question! I was just going to post this [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] I'm guessing a Jackson archtop soloist case would fit it as well as an original 750 case.

Dave->
    Dave ->

"would someone answer that damn phone?!?!"

Comment

Mine is in an SKB case, fits just fine. Unfortunately I don't have an extra one for you.

Comment

Hmmmmm....I have an SKB but it won't close. I'd like a fitted case and not just one of those rectangle cases that are universal, that they "float" around in. Guess I'll have to save my pennies and contact G&G.

Dave->
        Dave ->

Comment

After reading your reply, Budman, I went and checked the SKB case I have my 650 in. It won't close over the 750 either. I got the 750 from kennslp and he said it was an SKB "style" so it could be an off brand. I didn't see a name on it so I couldn't tell you what it was. Come to think of it, I've still got the beat up old twead case from my 650. It needs a new handle and possibly a latch or two. I wonder if the 750 would fit in there. I can check. If it was worth to anyone to fix it, I would sell it cheap.

Comment

I might be interested in the case Travis. Please let me know ok?

Thanks so much,

Dave->
            Dave ->

Comment

Let me go dig it out and see what I can find. I'll let you know.

Comment

Dave, The 750 does fit in the old case. The padding inside makes it a snug fit, but it does fit. My 750 is a string-through so I would have no reservations about putting it in there. However, if you have a Floyd, it might depress the bridge a bit. I shot some pictures of the case in all its glory. The handle is missing. I know I've got it somewhere, but it might take me weeks to find it. All three latches are fully functional. However, all three of the hinges need repaired or replaced. It is not a mint case by any means, but it should work. Honestly, I prefer the SKB case for my 650 so I have no use for the old case. In fact, it has been in storage for about ten years.

Comment

I might be interested in that case as well. I fyou haven't already sold it, let me know. THanks!

Comment

Well, Dave will have first dibs since he said something first. But, if he doesn't want it, we can talk. I'll give it a few days and see.

Comment

You have a PM Travis [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Dave->
                      Dave ->

Comment

Mine came in a toothpaste Charvel Logo chainsaw case. Fits great. Haven't tried it in any other chainsaw case before, I thought they were pretty similar and there wasn't a need.

Comment

Originally posted by Genebaby:
                          Mine came in a toothpaste Charvel Logo chainsaw case. Fits great. Haven't tried it in any other chainsaw case before, I thought they were pretty similar and there wasn't a need.
                          <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Does your have a Floyd or is it a string through?

Thanks!
                          Dave->
                          Dave ->

Comment

The amber 750xl I purchased off of e-bay had a SKB case, which of course isn't good enough for this guitar... It is a damn good guitar, and I cannot get enough of it.. SO I plopped it in my SLATQH case and VIOLA! Perfecto... So I called around and got a brand new soloist case that has jackson on the side of it and now it has an appropriate home [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

C

Comment

Working...
                            X