need charvel info /advice

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• need charvel info /advice

Sounds like your looking for a Model 3M. Some of the first ones had pickguards. I would think there are not a ton of them with Maple necks so, your search might be a long one.

Re: need charvel info /advice

The only catalogued maple variant is the 4M. However none of the 4s came with a pickguard.

The Model 3 and the 3A did come with a pickguard in 86, but the tremolo was the Kahler fulcrum and the fretboard was rosewood.
    Occupy JCF

Comment

Might be easier to make it a mutt. I think that is what I'm going to do for my next one. That way I get all of the features I want with no compromise.

Comment

You could add a Floyd to a Model 1A and have exactly what you're after.
        Hail yesterday

Comment

If you added a non recessed floyd you would have to shim the neck pocket on a 1A would you not?It would be a cool combo tho' 3 singles and a floyd [img]images/icons/shocked.gif[/img] [img]images/icons/shocked.gif[/img]
          Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

need charvel info /advice

I'm looking to buy a charvel and even though i know what i'm looking for features wise, i'm not sure what model it is. it's a strat-shaped and strat-pickguarded model with a maple fingerboard and floyd (or equiv.) trem. pointy headstock and monkees logo. it's an import, and i'm not sure exactly what model it would be, so searching for it has been tough. does anyone have any advice on these, or better yet, is there a good charvel site out there that has pictures to match the different models and descriptions of their features? any help greatly appreciated. thanks

Comment

thanks for all the responses. looks like i may have to go with a mutt. can anyone recommend a good site for model identification (photos, models, features, etc)?
              thanks again,
              curse

Comment

Working...
              X