Source for Model 6 mini switches??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Source for Model 6 mini switches??

I've searched the forum but can't find the answer. Does anyone know a source for the mini on/off switches for the Mod6 pickups? I believe the originals had the flat style toggle. I've recently acquired a Mod6 that needs a bit of TLC. Thanks for any help!
    Jim

Re: Source for Model 6 mini switches??

Here are the mini-toggles at Stewmac. I think the model 1220 will work. It's an on/on switch, but if you wire it to just one pickup, it should work as an on/off. There are many folks here with much more experience than me on this stuff, & hopefully they'll correct me if I'm wrong on that. Guitarelectronics only seems to have it (SWM11) in chrome or gold. Can't seem to find one designated as an on/off. The key thing will be to make sure the cavity depth will fit the switch you choose.

Comment

Thanks for the links dg. I saw the ones at Stew Mac. I'm kind of looking for the flat handle style, SPST. The other link has those, albiet SPDT.
      Jim

Comment

Originally posted by Jimbo:
        Thanks for the links dg. I saw the ones at Stew Mac. I'm kind of looking for the flat handle style, SPST. The other link has those, albiet SPDT.
        Jim
        <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Maybe try your local Radio Shack. [img]graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img] They usually have small parts for kits and such.
        Scott
        Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Be brave and upright, that God may love thee. Speak the truth always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless and do no wrong.

Comment

Those flat toggle switches seem pretty hard to find. You'd probably be better off just getting the regular mini toggles instead.
          I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

I am restoring a Model 4 and I couldn't find any in black except for at Stew-Mac...
            Occupy JCF

Comment

Flat lever SPST at Radio Shack. It looked like it was black, but then the close-up shows it as chrome. [img]graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img] I think it would be worth a call. I checked the SwitchCraft site. It would take all day to go through what they have, and I think they only sell wholesale.

Comment

Thanks for all the help guys. I've been looking at all my electronic sources (MCM, Mouser etc...). I'll try my Radio Shack.
                Jim

Comment

I can get you the correct flat blade mini toggles in chrome, black, or gold and in either on/on or on/on/on config. Email me if you need some.
                  My goal in life is to be the kind of asshole my wife thinks I am.

Comment

Working...
                  X