Model 6 with an OFR

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Model 6 with an OFR

Who here uses this combination of Mod6 and Floyd rose? how is it?

Re: Model 6 with an OFR

I don't personally have one but that combination couldn't be anything but killer!
    My goal in life is to be the kind of asshole my wife thinks I am.

Comment

hopefully, anyone have this??

Comment

Well, I don't have one in my Model 6 but I do have one in my Model 5a (which has the same exact route as my Model 6)and yes, it is Excellent!

Dave->
        Dave ->

"would someone answer that damn phone?!?!"

Comment

Daves 5A > [img]graemlins/drool2.gif[/img]
          My goal in life is to be the kind of asshole my wife thinks I am.

Comment

lol, so everything was fit correctly? did you install it yourself or bring it to a shop?

Comment

I have a model 6 with schaller floyd, sounds a little less bright than a OFR. I haven't had the chance to test it properly, because it is being modified by Fred Dons (also JCF member), going to collect it tomorrow [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img] .

but the combination is cool, I think if the toplock is working well (which mine was not), it will be a really good combination. It is quite common to rip out the JT6 and replace it with either a OFR or a Schaller. It is just a matter of taste, I think an ORF would give it a sparkle extra, which is not so bad I think: the model 6 has plenty of bottom to compensate for that. Just take out the JT6 and the OFR or Schaller drops in perfectly. Make shure you use the 42 mm sustainblock, because the trem is not routed.

harrald

Comment

I got a Model 6 that I here recently put an original Floyd on it.I had to modify the cavity in back where the springs are located,I didn't have the long block Floyd,and the swap was well worth it.It's got a better feel to it now.My only regret was sanding the cavity down.But hell,you can't see the modification unless you took off the rear plate.As of right now,it's my main guitar.
                Gear
                '88 Charvel Model 6
                '90 Charvel 650 Custom
                '92 Jackson Dinky Reverse Professional
                '93 Jackson USA Randy Rhoads PCS #23
                '07 Jackson DKMG Mutt

Comment

Well said Harrald, it fits perfectly and yes, I installed it myself, but I have heard of some instances where the route near the trem arm retainer, will rub a bit. I was fortunate enough that mine clears with no problems at all. I have the old original OFR with the screw in bar, not the collared finger tightening type. That type may be the type that rubs OR it could be some variation in the routing.

Dave->
                  Dave ->

Comment

mr geek, what mods are being done to your 6? and sanding down my trem cavity is unthinkable (my m6 is a firecrackle) but yes I got the long block, so I shall be enjoying this then

Comment

Oohh you have a firecrackle too? Got a pic of her? I have one too [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]
                      [img]http://groups.msn.com/_Secure/0RQDhAmMVnPYkg1BN85pUXum*NUyPJ4WRbWMev5uKB1GF2SPIp eurekixUqOPmd7magTKoSV5i10QFrgBidd!xYbPJCMX8T9PHKv hJPex*2k/jax.jpg?dc=4675380813241063557[/img]

Dave->
                      Dave ->

Comment

i would have some pics of her, but all the money I save for a digital camera transforms into more and more guitars, however yes they are some of the best looking guitars I have seen

Comment

no mods needed whatsoever, that is the good part: they made the licenced trems the same spacing as the OFR, so no sanding or digging or whatever you want to do to get a cavity. just take out the old one and put in the new OFR, you can even let the studs in their place. you can do it all yourself, even I managed to do it and I am not that eh.... good in those kind of things [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img] , so I figure you can do it as well. like you said, you have the floyd with the longer sustainblock, so no fear you have to do some modification, because you WON'T have to

Harrald

[ March 01, 2004, 05:34 PM: Message edited by: guitar geek ]

Comment

Since Dave is showing his off, I figured I would too. [img]graemlins/poke.gif[/img] [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]
                            Scott
                            Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Be brave and upright, that God may love thee. Speak the truth always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless and do no wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by budman68:
                              Oohh you have a firecrackle too? Got a pic of her? I have one too [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]
                              [img]http://groups.msn.com/_Secure/0RQDhAmMVnPYkg1BN85pUXum*NUyPJ4WRbWMev5uKB1GF2SPIp eurekixUqOPmd7magTKoSV5i10QFrgBidd!xYbPJCMX8T9PHKv hJPex*2k/jax.jpg?dc=4675380813241063557[/img]

Dave->
                              <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">I think I am in LOVE [img]graemlins/drool2.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/drool2.gif[/img] [img]images/icons/frown.gif[/img]

Comment

Working...
                              X