Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Last of the imports

Hey Tekky and all my import pals,
    What did they call this late-model, trans-blue and maple bodied beauty? Journeyman? Standard?

From what I was told, this is one of the last imports before Charvel went all USA-made again. The company intentionally removed the Charvel neckplates and replaced them with blank plates and stickers. Stamped it USED too.
    There's a marketing and/or legal story behind it. I heard the whole story at the shop I bought it from but I didn't pay much attention. Perhaps one of you guys can explain it better.

I got it for my daughter because she outgrew her mini-Strat. Now she's into cheerleading and has retired from guitar. It's a flawless, simple guitar with a beautiful finish. It plays really nicely. Nice "real" Duncans too. Once I get some better details, I'll edit the page and it's going to the classified section.
    Sorry my pics suck. "I'm a doctor not a papparazzi Jim!"

Standard iirc. great necks on those, by the way

Comment

I've got that exact model and colour except there is no "USED" stamp and it had a Charvel numbered plate. Its an amazing guitar, although I had to get the fret wire sanded down a tad and the volume pot replaced from new, but apart from that(!) amazing player.

Comment

Looks very good, did the shop put that used stamp on the back?

Comment

I bought a Jackson AT2T (bolt-on, Japan-made, with 3 tuners per side headstock) off ebay a few yrs back that had the same "USED" stamp on the headstock. It also had a blank neckplate with I think the same kind of serial number on a sticker. Not sure if this was in the period as this Charvel, but wondered what the motive was with the stamp on the Jackon import?
          Anyway, I ended up trading it at GC for a used Soldano 2x12...I made out on that deal!
          "Your work is ingenius…it’s quality work….and there are simply too many notes…that’s all, just cut a few, and it’ll be perfect."

Comment

I have seen the USED and 2ND stamp on Gibsons too. Usually demo guitars or factory Blemishes that can not be sold as new or placed under warranty

Comment

Right, the used stamp is to void any factory warranty.

Comment

Yes, I remember the shop saying something about it not being a warranty item. OK.. on to the classifieds. Thanks.

Comment

Working...
                X