setting up a 475

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• setting up a 475

what strings would anybody suggest fo a 475 deluxeIam an in experienced player with a draw toward the blues. does anybody know of sites which give tuition to push me on to the next level ?? any help appreciated.

Re: setting up a 475

I use .009 to .042 D'addario super light gauge on 475. The light gauge seems to work very well for low action and speed, but I'm a progressive rock kinda guy. Most of my friends that are 'blues' inclined use a heavier gauge string like .010 or .011 to .046 for the amount of string bending that they do. However most of these guys dont have full floating double locking trems either. It really becomes a matter of personal choiceand comfort for you. The more you play, the more you'll know what feel comfortable to you. If you want to try different gauge strings, just know that the guitar needs to be set up for each different gauge set that you try. Hope this helps you a bit!
    Ryan

Comment

Re: setting up a 475

Set it up for whatever you like that you've used before. I use 10-46 on all my guitars and most of them are floating Floyds, works fine and dandy, and I do a lot of string bending, oh how I love to bend strings. A thicker set of strings will give you a bigger sound, especially when soloing.

Comment

Working...
      X