Good place to find old Charvels?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Good place to find old Charvels?

Hey guys, I've been thinking about getting an old Charvel guitar and need some help finding one.

Basically, I want a Neck-thru (model 4?, 5?, 6?) but don't know what models to look for. Also, looking for a reverse headstock and a Floyd Rose (hopefully one that will hold B tuning [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img] )

thanx for any help you guys can give me, I'm kinda Charvel Ig-nant [img]images/icons/tongue.gif[/img]

Re: Good place to find old Charvels?

Best thing to do is search some old threads in this forum for research and knowledge on the models. Also, watch the classified here on the JCF or check ebay on a regular basis. If you have any questions about what you find, you can post here and i'm sure someone will help you id your find.

Comment

5,5a,5fx and 6 are neck thru all others are bolt on.Research first ask questions.I find lots of charvels in used gear shops, pawn shops. But be prepared to do some major clean up and some repairs because you are dealing with generally neglected guitars if you buy in these type of places.Prices are going to be pretty cheap if you buy like this.If you buy say on the JCF your going to get a clean well playing guitar because someone has done the clean up and repairs already.But the price will be a little more.This is MHO but I think most here would agree.Lets ask them. [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]
      Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

Unfortunately, none of these models have the reverse headstock, though.
        Dana <~~~
        '85 Rhoads Custom
        '86 SD Str*t
        '86 Model 4 (5)
        '87 Model 1
        '87 Model 6
        '88 Model 3DR
        '90 650 XL
        '94 KE-3
        '97 DR Amberburst
        '97 Dinky BOFlames
        '05 SD Copperhead

Comment

Get yourself a 3DR or a Predator! Not a neck through, but oh do I love the reverse headstock!

I have both models [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

Don't forget about the neck through 750 XL.

Comment

Originally posted by KidPredator:
              Get yourself a 3DR or a Predator! Not a neck through, but oh do I love the reverse headstock!

I have both models [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
              <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Guess I'm weird, but I sold a 3DR and a Predator, as well as 2 Model 88's, because I didn't like the reverse headstocks on them. They look cool, but for me they are really a hassle to change the strings on. I suppose I got used to the 6 to a side on top, which are really easy to change. Heck, when I started buying Deans again, I don't like changing the strings on them because there are 3 to a side instead of all on top. Maybe I'm just getting lazy?? [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
              Dana <~~~
              '85 Rhoads Custom
              '86 SD Str*t
              '86 Model 4 (5)
              '87 Model 1
              '87 Model 6
              '88 Model 3DR
              '90 650 XL
              '94 KE-3
              '97 DR Amberburst
              '97 Dinky BOFlames
              '05 SD Copperhead