No announcement yet.

Just scored a 750 XL! Or maybee not...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just scored a 750 XL! Or maybee not...

Since i own a Model 6 in mint condition and have been reading much about the 750 XL in this forum, i was thrilled to see one pop up on a webpage here in Sweden! I mailed the guy an offer immediately, and he replied with his mobile number.
    We settled the deal over the phone and since he seemed like an decent person, i did a forward payment to his account. Since then he has disappeared from the face of the earth, and no guitar has arrived. I know in wich town he lives, and called the busdelivery station there to hear if they had seen my guitar.
    The man there actually knew this guy, and told me that he is a musician and often sends stuff by bus! He also said that this guy usually takes his time to send stuff, but i shouldn´t worry. [img]graemlins/brow.gif[/img]
    Easy for him to say... I don´t know what to do now.
    I´ve mailed him. I´ve left a message both on hiss mobile and his home phone, and get no response whatsoever.
    Guess i´ll have to go to the police soon.
    You obviously can not trust people, even if they are fellow musicians... So sad...
    I sure hope to see a solution to this misery soon, and maybee i´ll be able to post some pics on my new 750 soon!

// Jonzkij

Re: Just scored a 750 XL! Or maybee not...

How long has it been?I am going through a similiar situation and I am just sitting tight till I get word.At least you know that you have a real name and account,I would express my concern in a message and let him know your next step will ba a legal one.I'm sure you'll get the guitar soon and love it,I have 6 of them.

Comment

Well, it´s been a week now.
      I put the money into his account, called him up and told him that i had done my part. He would send the guitar, and i thought everything was cool. At the end of last week i callaed my local bus delivery station, and they had not received any guitar for me.
      I tried to call him - answering machine.
      I mailed him - No reply.
      There´s still not possible to get hold of this guy in anyway, and i´m starting to get really pissed!
      I´ll give it until next week. If i see no sign of life from this guy, i will leave a message that he will hear from the local authorities.
      By the way, Good luck to ya Kev!
      Let´s hope things will get sorted out [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img]

//Jonzkij

Comment

it may take several days to have the money transferred from one account to another and shipping takes at least 1 day as well, so it is too soon to worry about it.

Harrald

Comment

Was that the 750XL for 6000 kr? I almost sniped it for 4500 kr couple of months ago, but my email didn't get through [img]graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img]

Meh, I got myself a Nightswan instead [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Comment

Yes Thoraby, I´d guess this could be the same guitar! [img]images/icons/shocked.gif[/img]
            This guitar was up for sale at "Vendolin" for about a month ago. I then mailed him an offer, but he replied (After a very long time) that he had a much higher bid (over 6000 sek) so i let it go.
            Last monday it was up again, so i mailed him again (Offered 5500 sek), and he replied immidiately. According to the seller the previous deal went out the window, cause the buyer "disappeared".
            I´m starting to wonder if i´ll ever see that 750...

//Jonzkij

Comment

Ok. It seems like my new guitar (That i never saw) has been stolen...
              The seller did his part and left it at the bus staion. I´ve got the shipping number, and it confirmes this. Apparently they have another buscompany to take the gods to a bigger town (Jönköping) for further transporting.
              The woman who drove the bus left the guitar at a busstop!!! [img]images/icons/shocked.gif[/img]
              Noone has seen it since then...
              I think im gonna have a nervous breakdown... [img]graemlins/help.gif[/img]

//Jonzkij

Comment

You must be covered for the amount of the guitar,if they lose your package they are responsible.Have they offered to make right by you?

Comment

Yep Kev. It´s covered up to 50.000 Sek.
                  The Buscompany is on the case, and i will hear from them today.
                  I guess i´ll get compensated.
                  I really wanted that guitar though...

//Jonzkij

Comment

bummer, someone is gonna get a writeup. I hope you either get it back or get compensated fairly.

Comment

this sucks man, really sorry to hear this. keep track of the secondhandmarket, maybe you will find it again.

harrald

Comment

Working...
                      X