Comment

Re: Another weird charvel......But a nice one

Model 7 it is... Looks just like mine..
      Occupy JCF

Comment

Originally posted by TEKKY:
        Model 7 it is... Looks just like mine..
        <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">yeah, yeah, yeah, quit rubbing it in!!

Dave->
        Dave ->

"would someone answer that damn phone?!?!"

Comment

Tekky does it play well? What would one expect to pay for a good condition one?

Comment

LOL @ Dave!

Yeah, it plays very well. Price for a clean one?? I'm guessing maybe 250-350...
            Occupy JCF

Comment

what the difference tween the model 7 and a jackson tele like the one that god went punk has?
              and are there any model 7's in lefty?
              anyone with a lefty model 7 wanting to trade for a model 6 in near mint condition let me know as i am entertaining the idea

Comment

ok if the link worked this is the lefty tele god went punk has,if link didnt work pic is in the gallery listed under jackson teles.
                tekky, whats these goin for,their pretty rare aint they?

Comment

Well, besides the obvious difference in brand. That's a USA made Jackson. The Model 7 and Legend (the script-logoed version) were made in Japan.

Another big difference would be the makeup of the guitars themselves.

M7/Legend: Tele-single in the bridge position and the standard single in the neck position, 3-way blade switch, volume, tone, Gotoh tele bridge, bolt-on neck, maple fretboard (rosewood was an option on the Legend), and reverse headstock.

GWP's Tele: HSS, 5-way blade switch(? hard to see in the picture), volume, tone, Floyd Rose (? again hard to see), I think this is a neck-thru, but it has a standard headstock for a left handed guitar, and it has sharkfin linlays...

Rare? Yeah, I'd say so. More so because it's a lefty. Value? I've gotta say, I'm not a good judge of value, I'll let others field that one.
                  Occupy JCF

Comment

That's the Model 7 on Ebay Aus? It's overpriced IMO. But you don't see many of them around here so.... [img]graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img]

Comment

and even fewer in lefty [img]images/icons/frown.gif[/img] but i keep looking anyway.
                      would it be a bad thing to get an after market body and build one? if i can find a lefty charvel neck with fins i prolly would anyway.

Comment

Yep thats where i saw it(ebay), too overpriced though. I think it'll get no bids and be re advertisd at lower price.

Comment

Originally posted by chopper45hd:
                          and even fewer in lefty [img]images/icons/frown.gif[/img] but i keep looking anyway.
                          would it be a bad thing to get an after market body and build one? if i can find a lefty charvel neck with fins i prolly would anyway.
                          <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Trouble is finding an aftermarket body. Budman has been searching for a right handed M7 or Legend body to go with the neck he has. Though, I've gotta say, the new Charvel customs will do a tele body.. (I actually thought they were production, I'll have to give the guy at Jackson/Charvel who told me that some crap)
                          Occupy JCF

Comment

Not sure, can you refresh my memory as to what he's got?
                            Occupy JCF

Comment

where would be the best place to get a body? i see a few on ebay now and again but i want one that i know will fit a charvel neck. i really dont want to do any routeing or cutting, hmmm come to think of it if any one has a lefty neck let me know lol

Comment

Working...
                              X