Another 750 XL

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Another 750 XL

I agree on the pup rings,but I am changing out the pups and I have taken a huge liking to budmans pickup rings.I think they look great on these guitars.

Comment

I can vouch for Dave too. He did a real nice job on the TR covers I got from him! [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]
      >>--HuntinDoug-->

Comment

Couple questions for ya:

1. How would the metal pickup rings look different - assuming they're still black (pics would help)? It does seem like I can see quite a bit into those pickup cavities. Are the metal rings thicker?

2. Is the TR cover you're referring to a brushed aluminum black trem plate cover?

The reason for these questions, is that I'd like to replace my Japanese-made SL4's plastic trem plate and control cavity covers with brushed aluminum ones, like a USA Jackson has, but I can't find them! If Budman makes them, I'll buy 'em. I'd also replace its plastic pickup ring if I thought it would be a noticeable improvement - but I'd stay with black, not chrome.

Thanks!

Comment

That is one of the coolest tiger striped top in amber I have seen.
          Most of the I have seen were not figured much.
          Congrats.

Comment

Thanks,this one really does have a beautiful top.This is what it looks like now with budmans pup rings(thanks Dave [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img] !

Comment

I really need to learn how to shrink these photobucket pics,sorry about that! [img]graemlins/images/icons/tongue.gif[/img]

Comment

When you're on your photobucket page, just click the edit button on the picture. I usually shrink mine to 50% to post here. Only thing is, once you shrink them down, you can't get them back up to original size without reloading the picture on to photobucket.

Comment

Thanks Travis,from now on hopefully it'll be all normal sized pics.

Comment

The large picts were cool. I can really see the flame.
                    I thought mine had great flame AAAA.
                    Yours is in the AAAAA / 10 Top area.
                    I usually do not like the skinny stripes, most PRS' like that sux, the Gibbys' are not much better.
                    This might be one of the best tops on a 750.
                    There are probably a few more due to the fact that there must have been a few more boards w/ the same pattern.

Comment

Looks great Kev!! [img]graemlins/toast.gif[/img]
                      Dave ->

"would someone answer that damn phone?!?!"

Comment

Working...
                      X