Name that Charvel

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Name that Charvel

Okay, got this from a friend who was strapped for cash--what model would it be; ser#355937; 22 frets, 3-way switch and 5-way switch; from Japan? Year? Not sure if this photo upload will work so I may appear as stupid on computers as I am on Charvels. Thanks for any help!

Re: Name that Charvel

You can't upload pics from your computer to the forum. You have to upload them to a free picture host like photobucket.com first and then link the picture to here. If you would like to send the picture to me, I'd be happy to put it up here for you this time. use my email [email protected]

Dave->
    Dave ->

"would someone answer that damn phone?!?!"

Comment

And did you wanna know what it's worth, too?

[img]graemlins/images/icons/tongue.gif[/img]
      "Got a crazy feeling I don't understand,
      Gotta get away from here.
      Feelin' like I shoulda kept my feet on the ground
      Waitin' for the sun to appear..."

Comment

well, judging by your picture.

oh, hang on...... [img]graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/images/icons/wink.gif[/img]
        Hail yesterday

Comment

Thanks for the witty reparte--really, I'm not as blond as my post makes me out to be--I'll just be sitting in the corner facing away from the class.

Comment

A three way switch and a 5 way switch? [img]graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img]
            what no knobs?
            Whats the body shape, the logo design, the pickup configuration, and the trem?
            Gil

Comment

that has got to be the fugliest looking headstock on a charvel i've ever seen. i don't like it. [img]graemlins/refuse.gif[/img] i would like it more if it had the pointy headstock, though. but, other than that, cool guitar!

kevin
              the trend is dead r.i.p. dime

Comment

Originally posted by shredder85:
                that has got to be the fugliest looking headstock on a charvel i've ever seen. i don't like it. [img]graemlins/refuse.gif[/img] i would like it more if it had the pointy headstock, though. but, other than that, cool guitar!

kevin
                <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Yeah, I have to agree, I think that's why it was ended so quickly.....

Dave->
                Dave ->

Comment

I have to agree also. I liked the bodies and necks on the STs. I just never could stand that headstock.

Comment

Your Charvel is an ST Deluxe. There is a picture on the following link.
                    http://steve-wright.fotopic.net/p3310001.html

Comment

Actually it is the Custom. The Standard has the maple fretboard whereas the Custom has the rosewood. From what I can see, everything else was the same though..
                      Occupy JCF

Comment

If you look closely, the Bridge on the Custom has a more rounder baseplate at the back. http://steve-wright.fotopic.net/p3309999.html I`m pretty sure that they were Gotoh units. The guitar in the above photo has a much squarer, vintage look to it. Also, according to the Catalogue, the customs have a 2 piece Ash Body (which generally indicates transparent finishes), MOP Inlays, Pearl Scratchplate and a Roller Nut.

Comment

metallic blue + matte black p/g = cool!

I'm with the others though - those headstocks are pretty ordinary
                          Hail yesterday

Comment

Rox sent me the pics of the Charvel in question:

[img]http://groups.msn.com/_Secure/0TgAMA6QY!ejBgD!5h1hsIaVd0SKFVvAV0*Qnhk5Y9UQ7zP9We 3o8XtV*DC07RZ6YqwRZVfEqvhN!FWCxyTTE*AoCy!LBuMj3zg7 pw!8jL5JtsX7e!ASlJQ/Rox_Charvel3.jpg?dc=4675464212082660008[/img]

[img]http://groups.msn.com/_Secure/0TwDxAtUYfvrBgD!5h1hsIVHPlcWEYToRzcXjA1G7Jn0gXEVQ3 vHU4EtYL1rZxraj*MktU1loFpgT*VPqlc7!0czJ7ZuiooupyjB Y7bq2VOGhYym6LUwdqw/Rox_Charvel31.jpg?dc=4675464212113976683[/img]

I'm thinking this is the ST Custom from 90-91. It has the regular 5 way switch but the mini switch is a phase switch to put it in and out of phase with the other pickups. There ya go Rox, hope that helps [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Dave->
                            Dave ->

Comment

What, did you hire toejam to take those pictures? [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
                              "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Working...
                              X