Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Charvel Model 6 - Where can I get replacement parts???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Charvel Model 6 - Where can I get replacement parts???

I own a white Charvel Model 6 guitar, sharkfin frets etc. Anyway, I'm working on getting it completely restored to it's former glory, respray, fret restoration, the works. However, I can't seem to find replacement parts for this guitar anywhere!!! It's old trem is rusty, the pick up covers have lost their color, I want to replace 'em with shiny new ones. Can anyone suggest a place to get this kinda stuff???

Re: Charvel Model 6 - Where can I get replacement parts???

Hey there,

Just so you know, the Model 6 is Japanese made, not USA. Some of the parts you might be able to find at Easton guitars(the banner at the top of this page). Feel free to email me [email protected] and I may be able to provide you with some also.

Dave->
    Dave ->

"would someone answer that damn phone?!?!"

Comment

Originally posted by Chug:
      it's It's
      <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">

Hi Newbie! [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]
      "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Huh???

Comment

Does it have a Kahler trem or the JT-6 licensed Floyd? If it's the JT-6, you may just want to take the opportunity to swap it out for a Schaller or an OFR. The post spacing is the same, so it is a no-brainer. If you want to keep it original, JT-6 trems come up pretty often on Ebay and sometimes here in the classifieds, but these are old, so a perfectly rust-free one with intact paint & good knife edges may be hard to come by. I know next to nothing about Kahlers, but parts are available and there are many people here who can help you out if that's what you have. As for the pickup covers, I have heard of people touching up the lettering with a silver Sharpie, but I've never done it myself & it sounds like you're after really top-notch results, so you may have to shop around for new ones. At any rate, welcome to the JCF & best of luck with your project. Model 6's kick ass and are definitely worth the effort to restore. Mine plays perfectly, but is beginning to show its age a bit. My game plan is to do a complete restoration when fretwork becomes necessary, which will be a while yet.

Comment

Jt-6's seem to pop up fairly frequently on ebay, and if you ask around, plenty of people on here seem to have them and are willing to sell them. The chances of finding a perfect one are slim. Kahler is supposed to be back in production and axeparts website may be able to get you what you need. The pickup covers may be a little tougher to find. If you put up a list of what you need, I'm sure someone around here can help you out with most of the stuff. Good luck!

Comment

Just out of curiosity, is the classified restriction only for selling, or for buying too? just wondering.

Comment

it is for both selling and buying

and for the spare parts: I suggest you replace the JT6 with either a schaller floyd or OFR, these will fit in perfectly and stay (usually) better in tune

harrald

Comment

Dave (budman68) hooked me up with parts for my model6. shoot him an email,great guy to work with.

Comment

Working...
                  X