Have a serial number here...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Have a serial number here...

for an import bass. 237603. Can anyone tell me where I can get model/year based on that number? Thanks.
    How do you think we fund this organization? We're not exactly the March of Dimes.

Re: Have a serial number here...

I'm not sure how this started, but to identify a model we're gonna need more than the serial number.
    Occupy JCF

Comment

Classic P-style body, P/J pup config, maple fretboard, bolt-on neck (4 screw) with Austin, TX plate, heavy duty Jackson bridge, standard Charvel import logo, white metallic. I did a little research and discovered I can't find any info on the serial number alone, but I'm hoping to at least figure out what it is (model type) and what a fair price is for one. I have a guy trying to unload one on me, but he's asked me to make him an offer. I've other similar models go for 450 - 500, but I haven't this exact model. Any input would be great. Thanks.
      How do you think we fund this organization? We're not exactly the March of Dimes.

Comment

Originally posted by Rollin' Thunder:
        bolt-on neck (4 screw) with Austin, TX plate
        <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">They make these things in Austin AND Ft. Worth? [img]graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img] Where have I been? Shit, I live in Texas, I must keep up. [img]graemlins/brow.gif[/img]

Comment

Ummmm...no way it says "Austin, Texas." It has to say "Ft. Worth, Texas." Not only do I also live in Texas, I live in Austin, and ain't no Charvels made here, man. [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

But anyway, $450-$500 is too much for a Charvel bolt-on bass. More like $200-$300 is closer.
          Dana <~~~
          '85 Rhoads Custom
          '86 SD Str*t
          '86 Model 4 (5)
          '87 Model 1
          '87 Model 6
          '88 Model 3DR
          '90 650 XL
          '94 KE-3
          '97 DR Amberburst
          '97 Dinky BOFlames
          '05 SD Copperhead

Comment

Maybe it was Ft. Worth, I just took a glance at the plate. He felt the fact it had that stamp on it made it worth more. I was more concerned with how it played.

Comment

Those guitars are Made in Japan. Ft. Worth is just the headquarters. It would have been made in the mid-1980's. I don't personally know the model number, but there are people here who have these basses and would know.
              Dana <~~~
              '85 Rhoads Custom
              '86 SD Str*t
              '86 Model 4 (5)
              '87 Model 1
              '87 Model 6
              '88 Model 3DR
              '90 650 XL
              '94 KE-3
              '97 DR Amberburst
              '97 Dinky BOFlames
              '05 SD Copperhead

Comment

Model 2B, I don't know how much it's worth.
                Occupy JCF

Comment

You guys rawk! thanks

Comment

the 2B had a rosewood fretboard, the 1B had maple.

So this could be a 2B with a neck swap. Or a 1B with an added pickup
                    Hail yesterday

Comment

oops you're right... I looked at the picture, and in the picture it has the 1B next to the 2B. I didn't even look at the captions...

Never underestimate the importance of a good night's rest.
                      Occupy JCF

Comment

OK, so I guess I needed rest, too. It was a rosewood fretboard. I must of been in really out of it when I played it the first time. Anyway, I bought it. Rosewood fretboard and Ft. Worth plate included. [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img] Paid $400 for her, but she looks like she just came off the production line. There is hardly any wear on the frets, no dings or nicks on the body, it's in real nice shape. I got him to throw in a real nice gig bag he kept it in, as well. I'm happy.

Comment

Working...
                        X