Charvel Charvette

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Charvel Charvette

so where is this mystery guitar?.in your closet? [img]images/icons/tongue.gif[/img]
    Rory

Comment

Rory, Tekky is right. That would have come with a JT6. It wouldn't require any modification to switch it out, and put in an OFR, and unless the guy who did it was a total retard, there's no reason why there should be scratches or dents as a result. Mine actually has a Kahler Steeler trem in it now, since I got annoyed with the silly fine tuners on the JT6. It is pretty much an exact copy of a Floyd, and it went in with no trouble whatsoever. No mods necessary, and no scratches or dents. [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

So, how do you like the neck?
      Sleep!!, That's where I'm a viking!!

http://www.myspace.com/grindhouseadtheband

Comment

Originally posted by Rory:
        ROACHES!!??!!?? ACCKKKKK!!!! [img]images/icons/shocked.gif[/img]
        i was wondering why my pedal went *CRUUUUNCH* !!! [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
        i'm not sure what kind of wood the body is,but by the looks of it,from all the chips in it,it doesn't look like plywood. [img]graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img]
        <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Open the tremolo cavity or the control cavity, you'll notice it pretty quick. The laminant (plywood) bodies would have striations from the alternating direction of each layer.
        Occupy JCF

Comment

Well hurry up and send me pics, Rory...so we can see this sucka!
          "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

i'm workin on it! i'm workin on it! [img]images/icons/tongue.gif[/img]
            i'll have pics hopefully this week.
            i just got through playing it.it plays pretty decent for an import.it'll be my main axe while i redo the $80 pawnshop. speaking of the $80 pawnshop...i've started sanding the body down and it already looks 100% better. that "puke paint" [img]graemlins/puke.gif[/img] makes it look SO trashed.
            Rory

Comment

Just remember when "restoring" a Charvette that it's entirely possible to invest more in sandpaper than the guitar's worth. JMHO.....
              My goal in life is to be the kind of asshole my wife thinks I am.

Comment

Originally posted by Rory:
                speaking of the $80 pawnshop...i've started sanding the body down and it already looks 100% better. that "puke paint" [img]graemlins/puke.gif[/img] makes it look SO trashed.
                Rory
                <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Aw, man! We *liked* that! [img]images/icons/frown.gif[/img]
                "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

mm2002....i'm not restoring the Charvette...i'm redoing my "Jackson"....it's an '86 neck attached to a custom designed body....see the pics under "Rory's $80 Pawnshop score".
                  the Charvette was a "FREEBIE"(echo voice from Monster Garage) from a guy i know who doesn't play guitar.
                  it'll be something to play while i have the "Jackson" apart.I've got an extremely nice killer Kramer neck-through...but i rarely play it because i don't want to scratch it.it's the nicest axe i've ever owned.
                  if i do ANYTHING to the Charvette,i'll repaint it and maybe put some different tuners on it.
                  Rory

Comment

Racer....sometimes you worry me bro. [img]graemlins/poke.gif[/img]
                    Rory

Comment

Working...
                    X