Neckplate and pup ID for the n'th time

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Neckplate and pup ID for the n'th time

Bot some parts off the Bay for a project. The neckplate is black with the Charvel guitar logo etched in. Serial 1026xxx. Any idea what it is off of? The two HB's have the Jackson name painted on in, almost, a toothpaste script. The letters are not raised. There are no numbers on them. Assume the pups came off the 1026xxx guitar. Thanks for the help. That's all for now until I get a bigger straw to suck your brains out completely. Seriously, you guys are great.
    I am a true ass set to this board.

Re: Neckplate and pup ID for the n\'th time

Hail yesterday

Comment

You have nothing to go by. As stated before a serial number will not determine the model of the guitar. Two humbuckers with the Charvel logo painted on it doesn't help either. Sorry, I don't think any of us can tell you any more than that it sounds like you have a bunch of parts, which is what you already know.
      Occupy JCF

Comment

"Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Hi: They are Jackson pickups. I'm interested in the approx. year of manu. I know a serial number alone won't tell much about a model. Sorry for the confusion. THX

Comment

Sorry... But that's not much to go on either. There's several jackson pickups with the Jackson logo painted on them. The best way to tell what they were would be to know what they came out of. Some of the pickups were labeled on the back, but I think that's more the exception than the rule.
            Occupy JCF

Comment

ID'ing Char/Jack stuff is what great mysteries are made of. A junior Dick, like me, has a lot to learn. You wizened detectives impress the hell out of me. My dick may be junior, but I'm 54. HA!! Beat ya to it. No pun intended. Thanks, again for any help.

Comment

With a 6 digit seriel its Japanese and the two pups could be from just about anything.
                Gil

Comment

Working...
                X