Is this a model 3?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is this a model 3?

I picked this up today. All I want is the neck and will part out the rest so I want to make sure I represent the stuff correctly. It's got a Ft. Worth neck plate, 2 post 2500 Kahler, H/S/S, 5-way, 1-vol, 1-tone. The serial number is 247596 if that means anything to anyone. The guy in the store said it was a mid-90's model. Looks more like mid-80's to me but what the hell do I know.
    I want REAL change. I want dead bodies littering the capitol.

- Newc

Re: Is this a model 3?

Yes. From 1986.
    Occupy JCF

Comment

Those guys were so glad to see this guitar walk out of there store it was hilarious. I guess they are much happier to have those POS hand botched relic'd partscaster Strats for 10 times the price that aren't half as good.

- Newc

Comment

Where'd you pick it up at???
        I've fallen, Fallen through. If I'm Not With you, All I wanna Do Is Feel blue

Comment

WOW sure is a shame to tear apart such a nice guitar... hope it works well for you.

Comment

Originally posted by Drsracing:
            Where'd you pick it up at???
            <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Guitarville just north of Seattle.

- Newc

Comment

Originally posted by CharvelFK:
              WOW sure is a shame to tear apart such a nice guitar... hope it works well for you.
              <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">No kidding. I am really impressed with this guitar (note that I did not add "for the money" - this is a good guitar period).

I've not had much luck trading for a neck and there aren't many coming up on Ebay. Then I thought about getting one made but I couldn't get a neck blank from Warmoth for what I paid for the whole guitar.

- Newc

Comment

Tim,
                How much for the Kahler?
                I live on the edge of danger facing life and death every single day.....then I leave her at home and go disarm bombs.

Comment

Working...
                X