Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Does anyone actually keep the Jackson pickup cover on or do you remove it?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Does anyone actually keep the Jackson pickup cover on or do you remove it?

Does anyone actually keep the Jackson humbucker pickup cover on or do you remove it?

Just curious if you feel it's a question of tone (muffled) or just cosmetics. I have never keep mine on usually because I want to see if the pickup has adjustable polepieces or not.

And for that matter why do some Model 2 J90C humbuckers have adjustable polepeices and some do not? Was this a difference in years?

Re: Does anyone actually keep the Jackson pickup cover on or do you remove it?

p
    olepie ces or not.
    ??!

[img]graemlins/poke.gif[/img]

[img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

[ March 30, 2004, 02:09 AM: Message edited by: mariner99 ]

Comment

Sorry - you edited before I dd.

Comment

I've got 9 J90c pickups an I don't think I ever noticed adj pole pieces.I'll have to go look. [img]graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img]
        Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

I bought quite a few aftermarket Jackson pickups in the late 80's from Victor Litz out of MD via mail order. I picked up 2 J-90C's, a J-95, and 2 single coils I forget the model JX-100's? Well I have installed the 1 J-90c and after a few years I was curious what was underneath the cover. Before then I didn't think the cover was removeable, but when I did I was suprised to see adjustable pole pieces. That pickup sounds great in my Epiphone S-310 strat clone. Even split it sounds fantastic.

Comment

So far, the only one I've taken off is because it fell off. But I'm in the process of replacing the pickups with Seymours.
            Occupy JCF

Comment

All I have is a Model 6 and I like the way it looks with the covers on. I doubt I'll ever remove them. I really like the way it sounds too. So I doubt they will ever be replaced.

Jason

Comment

Side note: Where can I get the "old school" Jackson covers?

Comment

Working...
                X